U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 07:14 PM

20,170 posts, read 34,496,158 times

Advertisements

Tons of people smoke in Louisville area, KY passed WV and has the highest percentage of smokers of any state in the US- hardly representative of the country as a whole in that metric alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 07:53 PM

387 posts, read 341,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natguy View Post
Liberals ??? I live in a bright red state and the law passed nearly a decade ago
Will Louisville is a liberal city and it's under my suspicion that Jerry Abramson favored the smoking ban. No wonder he was a bad mayor. Kentucky overall is a conservative state.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:21 PM

6,297 posts, read 13,182,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Tons of people smoke in Louisville area, KY passed WV and has the highest percentage of smokers of any state in the US- hardly representative of the country as a whole in that metric alone.
States with the most smokers

WV still #1

People in Louisville smoke NOTHING like the rest of the state. I cannot find data...it's a alot, but nowhere NEAR 26%.

Louisville's smoking ban has helped alot.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:31 AM

14,070 posts, read 9,796,392 times
Please return to discussing the decision to create metro Louisville. If you want to discuss Louisville's smoking ban please start a new thread, any future posts on it in this thread with be deleted as off topic.
Moderator - Asia, Kentucky, Lexington, and Louisville

Old 11-16-2016, 12:51 PM

6,297 posts, read 13,182,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Please return to discussing the decision to create metro Louisville. If you want to discuss Louisville's smoking ban please start a new thread, any future posts on it in this thread with be deleted as off topic.
Thanks Old Hag.

Getting back to the discussion, I just do not get how anyone can say that Metro Louisville was a bad idea? Every single city that has merged since the 1960s to now has seen great success...just look at Indy, Nashville, Jax, the list goes on.

Can anyone argue that Louisville is not the economically most healthy it has been, with its best growth rate, perhaps since WWII?

Granted, I did not live here before, but based on my perception of Louisville driving through in the 80s and 90s, the city has done a complete 180 in a good way. I remember the old scrap yards on the river! Louisville could have gone the route of a southern Detroit but instead, it is turning into a tourist destination and literally the New Orleans of the Midwest!

Old 11-16-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Thanks Old Hag.

Getting back to the discussion, I just do not get how anyone can say that Metro Louisville was a bad idea? Every single city that has merged since the 1960s to now has seen great success...just look at Indy, Nashville, Jax, the list goes on.

Can anyone argue that Louisville is not the economically most healthy it has been, with its best growth rate, perhaps since WWII?

Granted, I did not live here before, but based on my perception of Louisville driving through in the 80s and 90s, the city has done a complete 180 in a good way. I remember the old scrap yards on the river! Louisville could have gone the route of a southern Detroit but instead, it is turning into a tourist destination and literally the New Orleans of the Midwest!
There was nothing wrong with the old scrap yards on the river. That right there actually gave Louisville jobs. And the jobs on the scrap yard were good paying. It's a shame that they were eliminated. And if Abramson wasn't mayor they would still be there. The new Louisville sucks. The old Louisville was better and I will be boycotting Louisville from now on. I will not bother visiting and you did get one thing wrong. Louisville is in the South not the Midwest.

And the merger was a sham point blank.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks Old Hag.

It was a bad idea and if Darryl Owens, a former Jefferson County commissioner now a Kentucky congressman, was involved in this discussion, he would agree with me over you. Owens opposed the merger wholeheartedly and if he was Louisville mayor he wouldn't let it happen, especially since the African Americans of Louisville opposed it.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:16 PM

Report claims Louisville merger failed to deliver jobs, efficiency

And here's another article explaining why the merger was a sham.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:11 PM

https://kentuckyoralhistory.org/oh/r...rhf013_ohm.xml

Here's an interview with Owens on his opposition to merger and he explains that it was a racist idea, and he's right.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Thanks Old Hag.

And half of the Urban Services District aka old City of Louisville, still suffers from urban decay. Visit the West End of Louisville and you'll see what a sh*thole it is. The merger was indeed a sham and it promised nothing that cronie Jerry Abramson explained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or