Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 05:33 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,019,799 times

Advertisements

My ticket says 10mph over the limit. Court date is 8/15. Should I pay the darn thing or go to court and have a judge dismiss it? Do judges dismiss these?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 06:12 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,409,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
My ticket says 10mph over the limit. Court date is 8/15. Should I pay the darn thing or go to court and have a judge dismiss it? Do judges dismiss these?
What do you mean "have a judge dismiss it"? LOL! You really think that's how it works? Can you prove you weren't speeding?

Old 08-06-2016, 07:14 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,821,218 times
oh you think the cop wont be there so they have to dismiss it?

Good luck with that thought!

Old 08-07-2016, 01:38 AM

20,109 posts, read 16,081,383 times
Quote:
Just pay the ticket unless you were actually going at or below the speed limit... and can prove it. Otherwise, unless you were being chased by a hoard of zombies or something, you chose to break the law so be man or woman enough to take responsibility. Now, if you were indeed just trying to save mankind, perhaps you can snag one of those zombies to testify on your behalf.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:29 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,019,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Just pay the ticket unless you were actually going at or below the speed limit... and can prove it. Otherwise, unless you were being chased by a hoard of zombies or something, you chose to break the law so be man or woman enough to take responsibility. Now, if you were indeed just trying to save mankind, perhaps you can snag one of those zombies to testify on your behalf.
Oh hi holier than thou

Old 08-07-2016, 12:53 PM

7,069 posts, read 16,686,926 times
Quote:
Oh hi holier than thou
hahaha. How much is ticket. There is probably a 75% chance if you go, it will get dismissed. Lots of time they don't have a cop or the same cop who can show up.

The problem? If it does not get dismissed, you may have to pay the ticket AND court fees (usually under 100 bucks). Or alot of times they'll actually dismiss the ticket if you agree to driver's school. Alot of people think it is worth fighting due to the fact if you win, you will not lose points on your insurance. Speeding tickets in KY cost "points" and insurance companies will jack your premium several hundreds a year for it....If you honestly believe your equipment was faulty or you were speeding up for an ambulance or something to pull over, then you have a case.

I got out of a ticket this way in IL, but they are also way busier than KY.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:01 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,847,632 times
Quote:
The zombies were in Cythiana yesterday. Perhaps one of them could assist...

Seriously, attending traffic school might keep points off your license, although you'd still be required to pay your fine. Traffic schools are conducted around the state and usually just last a few hours. "Graduates" receive a small printed certificate which fits neatly behind their driver's licenses.

Don't ask me how I know. I never even saw that newly-installed four-way stop several years ago, but somebody sure saw me go right through it! Traffic school was a blessing as far as I was concerned.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:31 PM

20,109 posts, read 16,081,383 times
Quote:
Oh hi holier than thou
So, no zombies then.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:03 PM

7,069 posts, read 16,686,926 times
Quote:
So, no zombies then.
lol...no for real. the zombies are in Louisville for probably the largest zombie walk in the USA at the end of this month!

I went to this a few years back, and although I lived briefly in KY many moons ago, I remember thinking THIS is Louisville. And that is kind of how I started to really love the city:

https://www.facebook.com/louisvillezombiewalk

Such a quirky cool. So be careful what you conjure up around here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: