Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 04:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,938 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone

I work for Hallmark cards, which I love my job. My wife and I are following our Son and his family to Jeffersontown to help this relocation easier for them, they have two great boys (our Grandsons) and just found out another child on the way. So we are looking for a quite area that is very safe, great school district our oldest grandchild will be starting school in 2017. We would like to keep the commute to thirty miles or less, and kind of rural, but I think neighbors are a plus we will be looking to keep housing at $800 or less. Thank You for any info you might be able to provide to us, oh this move will happen in December of this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 02:22 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,214,358 times
That's confusing. Are you moving and then commuting back to your job? Where is that?

Old 11-05-2016, 11:30 PM

9,512 posts, read 8,978,713 times
Arrow Rent or buying?

Is $800 a monthly max rent or are you trying to buy for under $800k which means you own part of hallmark too.

30 miles with J'town is about anywhere except Frankfort, the capital city...

Old 11-07-2016, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,938 times
$800.00 is where we would like to keep the rent price, sorry to be confusing no i'm wanting to transfer here with the kids as well.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:18 AM

1,264 posts, read 1,411,375 times
I would say look in Shelbyville. It's a great historic downtown with a rural feel and is easily within 30 miles of J-town. Seems like there are good apartment options for under $800/mo there as well.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:49 AM

20 posts, read 23,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opie316 View Post
Hello everyone

I work for Hallmark cards, which I love my job. My wife and I are following our Son and his family to Jeffersontown to help this relocation easier for them, they have two great boys (our Grandsons) and just found out another child on the way. So we are looking for a quite area that is very safe, great school district our oldest grandchild will be starting school in 2017. We would like to keep the commute to thirty miles or less, and kind of rural, but I think neighbors are a plus we will be looking to keep housing at $800 or less. Thank You for any info you might be able to provide to us, oh this move will happen in December of this year.
If you don't mind me asking, how did everything work out? My family and I are looking for something similar with a similar budget. How is Jeffersontown as well? I also need to be close-ish (preferably no more than 20-30 minutes) to major shopping (Louisville I guess?) for my job. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Old 05-15-2017, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 946 times
Depending on whether you wish to rent or buy? Jeffersontown is community oriented. Decent housing areas 155,000 to 275,000 with a few others in between. New constructions rentals are over the 800 budget but probably a good networking, social area on outskirts of Jeffersontown (disadvantage may be bus schedules: First on, last off) several schools built in past 12 years or so.

S Hurstbourne Ln which is partial Jeffersontown lots of condos from 99,000 to 300,000. If middle, small or youth family, Westport Road is recommended. Direct access to most all interstates and main forms of access. Housing rentals vary from $600 to $1200 for apts.

Shopping is monumental.

Outlet mall on Simpsonville about 17 miles out of Louisville with Coach, Gap, Oshkosh Levis and many other stores. Built about 5 years ago.

Tons of entertainment opportunities in Westport Rd Hurstbourne area as well & multiple church affiliations as well as public transport if needed.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:12 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,304,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opie316 View Post
$800.00 is where we would like to keep the rent price, sorry to be confusing no i'm wanting to transfer here with the kids as well.
J-Town (As locals call it) is a pretty decent area, especially around Hurstbourne Parkway & Shelbyville Rd.

For $800, there are definitely options around, just depends how fancy & large you're wanting your place to be. As others have said, 30 minutes pretty much opens up everywhere near & around Louisville to live. Just stay away from the West End
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area