Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:04 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServoMiff View Post
No, you link the online account to a "credit card". Those that don't have bank accounts generally have prepaid debit cards these days, meaning they would qualify for the transponder. I've worked in the banking industry for 16 years, and the research shows that it's a very very small % (<2%) who don't have any form of payment other than cash/EBT. They may not have a checking account at a traditional bank, but prepaid card accounts do have a routing/transit and account number that can be used for direct deposit or ACH withdrawals as well - and the usage of those continue to rise among lower income households.

I personally think your concern is unfounded. Physical toll booths slow traffic considerably, not to mention the additional cost to operate. Most tolling operations are moving to the one that we've built.
Servo, totally agree. I volunteer in a homeless shelter and even most the homeless have prepaid debit cards and phones!

I'd say its more like 1% of people who do not have a debit card account to put online. And being online isn't a problem because those who can't afford smartphones have free inernet at the library.

The 1% who cannot get a debit or prepaid card walk or ride TARC anyways....and certainly never cross the bridge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 06:43 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
East End bridge has been officially names the Lewis and Clark Bridge. That was the name chosen by Indiana legislatures but public outcry about their already being a Clark Bridge and Lewis and Clark Parkway caused the name to be withdraw before Gov. Mike Pence chose it again.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:17 AM

East End Bridge opened Sunday night and it's a beauty. Probably the most futuristic stretch of freeway I've seen. Most through traffic going from St Louis to Cincinnati or Lexington will now go around downtown.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:51 AM

811 posts, read 887,276 times
The bridge looks great! I looked at Google and Apple Maps and noticed they have updated to include the new highway and bridge, but it still routes St. Louis and Indy traffic through downtown with the destination set to Cincinnati or Lexington. I wonder how many travelers will actually use the new bypass to avoid downtown, since most GPS devices either wont be updated or will still route through downtown?

Old 12-20-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_Transplant View Post
The bridge looks great! I looked at Google and Apple Maps and noticed they have updated to include the new highway and bridge, but it still routes St. Louis and Indy traffic through downtown with the destination set to Cincinnati or Lexington. I wonder how many travelers will actually use the new bypass to avoid downtown, since most GPS devices either wont be updated or will still route through downtown?
Google Maps just added it last night, I sent them feedback notifying them it wasn't complete. It looks like directions on it is now working. They still haven't got all the ramps updated correctly both at future I-265 and IN 62 and downtown. I guess it's hard for them to add in roads before the satellite image is updated.

One noteworthy point: between I-65 in Indiana and I-71 it is NOT I-265 officially. In Indiana it is IN 265 and in Kentucky it is KY 841. Until the road is handed off to feds to control it will remain two state routes controlled by each state. I'm not sure why this wasn't done already, Charlotte NC had a similar project and the new section got the interstate route name on day one.

There is also a wide bike / ped path on the side facing towards downtown, which will have a nice view of the skyline. The only parking lot is off the River Ridge exit, so it's a good 1.5 mile walk just to get to the middle of the bridge. Ok for biking, a bit much timewise for a walk.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:14 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
The East End bridge is sounding like a home run so far. I hope to get a Streetview soon of the bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: