U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:13 PM

4,521 posts, read 4,976,272 times

Advertisements

Looking to sell soon and have a realtor who says market is picking up. Checked my zip code and I haven't seen so few properties for sale in the last 5 years. I realize these are questions I've asked my realtor but wanted to get some opinions from CD readers if they have any opinions.

Guessing we can list the hot areas but in general, is Louisville on the upswing with interest rates gradually rising?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 09:49 PM

6,296 posts, read 13,182,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Looking to sell soon and have a realtor who says market is picking up. Checked my zip code and I haven't seen so few properties for sale in the last 5 years. I realize these are questions I've asked my realtor but wanted to get some opinions from CD readers if they have any opinions.

Guessing we can list the hot areas but in general, is Louisville on the upswing with interest rates gradually rising?
Louisville real estate is among the hottest in the country.

There's no "upswing " It's been on fire for 2 years and inventory is at historic lows.

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisvill...tial-real.html

https://www.buildium.com/blog/louisv...nt-and-center/

I own rentals and am making a killing!!! The second article is great because even louivillians themselves have no idea how hot the entire metro is.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:34 AM

18 posts, read 30,446 times
Quote:

Where are you selling? we are looking for a house to buy!

Old 02-21-2017, 09:10 AM

89 posts, read 82,544 times
I used to own a house in Louisville, in Germantown. I still have it listed on my Zillow homes, so I see the value. I realize that Zillow values are somewhat inflated, but the home is only a 2 bedroom frame shotgun and the value has skyrocketed. I really regret selling when I did. We now live in Cincinnati, and we are in a similar market situation as Louisville. Inventory levels are at historic lows, and prices are going up quickly.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:07 PM

Default Because you asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnyaka View Post
Where are you selling? we are looking for a house to buy!
First see that I'm a lifer on C-D and not trolling...

Remodeled small farm house in Brooks that borders Jefferson Memorial forest with 30 acres. As Pete mentioned, it rents fast. Rent is $1,200 with $600 mortgage but tired of being out of state owner.

Thanks Peter for painting an accurate picture of market. Rural is more difficult to estimate. Rentals can be money makers....

Old 02-21-2017, 03:41 PM

9,585 posts, read 20,468,292 times
Overall on a definite upswing. Urban neighborhoods east of I-65 have skyrocketed, even gritty areas like Shelby Park. I'd say blue collar suburbs like PRP or Okolona have not seen much increase. Until things improve areas west of I-65 will continue to struggle. Indiana real estate is still way underpriced and should rise now that the bridges project is complete. Still lots of dirt cheap homes (below $75k) in older parts of New Albany. Wife and I bought a starter home for just $55k in 2015 and are hoping it will sell for over $70k in a couple years. I've been impressed with infrastructure improvements on this side of the river and it makes the whole area look more appealing.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:44 PM

18 posts, read 30,446 times
Quote:
First see that I'm a lifer on C-D and not trolling...

Remodeled small farm house in Brooks that borders Jefferson Memorial forest with 30 acres. As Pete mentioned, it rents fast. Rent is $1,200 with $600 mortgage but tired of being out of state owner.

Thanks Peter for painting an accurate picture of market. Rural is more difficult to estimate. Rentals can be money makers....
Thank you!
We are trying to get something in Oldham county!

Old 02-27-2017, 01:41 PM

1,124 posts, read 799,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnyaka View Post
Thank you!
We are trying to get something in Oldham county!
You and everyone else. Oldham only makes sense now if you're willing to overpay for the school district. If you don't have kids, avoid Oldham. I'm going to start looking in Shelby County this summer, and it's tough to find property there also.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:22 PM

Can't speak to Indiana market but the Louisville market is scorching right now. My earlier referenced property had over 25 showings in one week and got a couple offers and accepted one. Anyone in real estate knows that rural properties normally don't move that fast to go from an initial listing to sold in a week.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:15 AM

6,296 posts, read 13,182,702 times
Quote:
Can't speak to Indiana market but the Louisville market is scorching right now. My earlier referenced property had over 25 showings in one week and got a couple offers and accepted one. Anyone in real estate knows that rural properties normally don't move that fast to go from an initial listing to sold in a week.
I'm trying to tell everyone!! Everyone thinks I am cheerleading.

Louisville is on FIRE. Never seen anything close to it after first discovering this town in the 90s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or