U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2017, 07:23 AM

6,296 posts, read 13,179,782 times

Advertisements

Bourbon and Beyond | Bourbon and Beyond

Look at the mission statement here for this new festival. It sums up why I love this place:

"Dear Fellow Bourbon-Lovers:
I know I don’t need to tell you this, but Louisville is a very special town. As I prepare to produce the 4th annual Louder Than Life Music Festival this September 30th and October 1st, I wanted to tell you that I have fallen in love with your city. I produce events all over the country, and what impressed and inspired me about Louisville is its chefs, restaurants, horses, outdoor life and, of course, bourbon.

Moderator cut: too much copyrighted text

I am proud to introduce the first annual Bourbon & Beyond festival this Sept 23rd and 24th in Louisville. .
Moderator cut: too much copyrighted text

Last edited by Oldhag1; 03-28-2017 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: I tried leave in the most pertinent parts, those interested can read the rest at the link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 07:44 AM

14,062 posts, read 9,792,250 times
Sounds interesting. We may be in the area around that time so I may end up getting to check it out.
Moderator - Asia, Kentucky, Lexington, and Louisville

Old 03-28-2017, 08:34 AM

1,124 posts, read 799,197 times
What I found odd was that there was no name or group attached to that. Do you know who is putting this together?

Old 03-28-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServoMiff View Post
What I found odd was that there was no name or group attached to that. Do you know who is putting this together?
I agree. It's the guy who does Louder than Life

Danny Wimmer

Louder Than Life Returns To Louisville, Kentucky October 1 & 2 – I’m Music Magazine

Think he is from CA but like Guy Fieri, Louisville is his adopted hometown

Old 03-29-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
I agree. It's the guy who does Louder than Life

Danny Wimmer

Louder Than Life Returns To Louisville, Kentucky October 1 & 2 Im Music Magazine

Think he is from CA but like Guy Fieri, Louisville is his adopted hometown
Looking at that I think I understand why they didn't want to promote themselves. The other festival lineups they offer don't seem to lend themselves to high quality shindigs. Slipnot and Korn? No thanks.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Looking at that I think I understand why they didn't want to promote themselves. The other festival lineups they offer don't seem to lend themselves to high quality shindigs. Slipnot and Korn? No thanks.
Servo....there is a huge market for this stuff! I operate a airbnb off Zorn ave on the side and last year I made 300 a night for a rinky dink condo during louder than life! I must have had 10 inquiries, all from out of town!

All these kind of festivals are HUGE for regional tourism, and that is why Louisville leads the Ohio Valley in per capita tourism by far

Old 03-31-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Servo....there is a huge market for this stuff! I operate a airbnb off Zorn ave on the side and last year I made 300 a night for a rinky dink condo during louder than life! I must have had 10 inquiries, all from out of town!

All these kind of festivals are HUGE for regional tourism, and that is why Louisville leads the Ohio Valley in per capita tourism by far
Don't disagree with you on that Peter but you're completely missing my point. If they think that they can run a classy bourbon festival the same way that they run a Slipknot and Godsmack headlined festival, they won't make much money after year 1. It takes a really talented promoter to run such a polarizingly different festival portfolio, and I don't know of many who can really do it well. Hence why you don't see the promoters of The Gathering of the Juggalos doing a wine festival.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Don't disagree with you on that Peter but you're completely missing my point. If they think that they can run a classy bourbon festival the same way that they run a Slipknot and Godsmack headlined festival, they won't make much money after year 1. It takes a really talented promoter to run such a polarizingly different festival portfolio, and I don't know of many who can really do it well. Hence why you don't see the promoters of The Gathering of the Juggalos doing a wine festival.
Completely agree. I find Lounder than Life tacky...but tens of tgousands love it, and it helps the economy, including my pocket book. Apparently mayor Fiecher behind this, so let's not (in typical Louisville fashion) kill the fest before it begins. This coukd be bigger than say, Epcot food and Wine Fest in Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area