Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 11:43 PM

25 posts, read 30,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Basically, the area which hugs I-264 on either side, north of I-64 would be his best bet. Graymoor-Devondale and Lyndon would be options too. As would Kingsley, Strathmoor Village (my votes)
Thanks Peter!

I'm adding these areas to my list to explore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 01:24 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,325,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwaeback View Post
Hey, thanks Greg!

The Wick's Pizza area looks good.

Floyds Knobs looks like it's in the giant palatial estates category. I would need to produce a ton of family to fill one of those houses...haha...:0) Though the schools are definitely higher rated than the surrounding area.

Thanks for the east side / St Mathews area recommendation.
Floyds Knobs definitely has some large homes, but there are also a lot of normal single family homes all around. Check out Zillow or Trulia and you shall see! If it's schools you're wanting, it's a great area for that and to raise a family. It doesn't get much safer

Old 09-13-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Hey, thanks Greg!

The Wick's Pizza area looks good.

Floyds Knobs looks like it's in the giant palatial estates category. I would need to produce a ton of family to fill one of those houses...haha...:0) Though the schools are definitely higher rated than the surrounding area.

Thanks for the east side / St Mathews area recommendation.
I also meant to add in, Floyd Co. schools would also give the option of living in Georgetown, which has way more normal houses for sale and is still a very nice & safe small town

Old 09-13-2017, 05:16 PM

1,265 posts, read 1,422,970 times
Count me also as a former Bay Area resident (first Walnut Creek then in the city in the Cole Valley neighborhood). We live in Jeffersontown (known locally as J-town by everyone) and the downtown area they have is particularly quaint and growing with a new BBQ place going in soon as well as an awesome brewery that they used an abandoned church to remodel, as well as an old video game/pinball saloon called Recbar. However, it also has a pretty suburban feel as well.

For your needs I would really think St Matthews would hit the spot. The Highlands is great as well, but has more of the nightlife scene rather than just a "downtownish" feel. Both can be quite congested at times though.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
I also meant to add in, Floyd Co. schools would also give the option of living in Georgetown, which has way more normal houses for sale and is still a very nice & safe small town
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the Georgetown info. Yeah, the houses are definitely more normal sized.

...and they have a vintage drive-in. Nice.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServoMiff View Post
Count me also as a former Bay Area resident (first Walnut Creek then in the city in the Cole Valley neighborhood). We live in Jeffersontown (known locally as J-town by everyone) and the downtown area they have is particularly quaint and growing with a new BBQ place going in soon as well as an awesome brewery that they used an abandoned church to remodel, as well as an old video game/pinball saloon called Recbar. However, it also has a pretty suburban feel as well.

For your needs I would really think St Matthews would hit the spot. The Highlands is great as well, but has more of the nightlife scene rather than just a "downtownish" feel. Both can be quite congested at times though.
Hey "ServoMiff",

Looks like you had the best of the East Bay & SF.

While doing a walkabout around SF last year I went through the Cole Valley neighborhood. I think I had to, since there's very tall hills just south of there.

Thanks for the J-town info. It looks like it has some regular neighborhoods with tree lined streets & yards that aren't too big.

I like the sound of the old video game saloon. It sounds similar to the one in SF, I think near the upper east side of the city.

Yeah, the congestion...the congestion, I have to think about how much of that I really want. I guess it depends whether I'm in a car or walking around...:0)

Thanks for the info! All very good info.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the Georgetown info. Yeah, the houses are definitely more normal sized.

...and they have a vintage drive-in. Nice.
The Drive-In is an awesome place! It's cheaper than the normal movie theatre as well!

Old 09-14-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServoMiff View Post

J-Town is definitely growing! My father-in-law actually just sold his home in J-Town (Watterson Woods neighborhood) and made a very nice profit! He bought his home in the 80's and just sold it a couple weeks ago.

The Gaslight Festival is an awesome event as well (if you've never been)

Old 09-15-2017, 01:53 AM

Quote:
The Drive-In is an awesome place! It's cheaper than the normal movie theatre as well!
Cool. Thanks Greg! I have fond memories of watching Poltergeist at a drive-in when I was a kid. Although, I think the movie itself was a wee bit too scary for the child version of myself...:0)

Old 09-15-2017, 01:57 AM

Quote:
J-Town is definitely growing! My father-in-law actually just sold his home in J-Town (Watterson Woods neighborhood) and made a very nice profit! He bought his home in the 80's and just sold it a couple weeks ago.

The Gaslight Festival is an awesome event as well (if you've never been)
Thanks for the J-Town info & recommendation.

Wow, they just kinda combine every kind of festival into one. I didn't know about the Gaslight Festival. Nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area