U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-30-2008, 04:10 PM

3 posts, read 7,168 times
Default Country Music Jams

Does anyone know of any Country Music Jams in the Louisvile, KY area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 03:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,631 times
What do you mean? Like concerts?

If your referring to concerts then during the spring/summer they have Hot Country Nights at 4th street live. It's every wed usually during the period.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:04 PM

What I meant by 'Country Music Jams', is a group of people not related, joining together with their musical instuments, just for the sheer pleasure of playing and singing.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:25 AM

6,758 posts, read 14,560,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael D View Post
What I meant by 'Country Music Jams', is a group of people not related, joining together with their musical instuments, just for the sheer pleasure of playing and singing.
Hmmm I dunno but if you find uot I would LOVE to know to come watch

I just had a thought..... why don't you call First Quality Music who specializes in Bluegrass/country type instruments and see if they know or can tell you someone who can? That store was featured on Extreme Makeover Home edition. As a matter of fact, you should go because it has instruments on display who belonged to famous players. Here's a link:

First Quality Music - Acoustic and Electric Guitars, also Banjos, Mandolins, Strings, Tuners, Cases, Parts and much more...

Old 04-04-2008, 09:47 AM

Thanks Missy: First Quality is one of my favorite haunts, was there Wed. to ask Mike the same question. I just got back from Salome AZ after spending the winter there, and there are all kinds of 'JAMS' at all of the campgrounds. Met some famous & infamous people out there. Check out http://openmikes.org/listings/nearzip.php?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:47 AM

6,758 posts, read 14,560,114 times
Quote:
Thanks Missy: First Quality is one of my favorite haunts, was there Wed. to ask Mike the same question. I just got back from Salome AZ after spending the winter there, and there are all kinds of 'JAMS' at all of the campgrounds. Met some famous & infamous people out there. Check out http://openmikes.org/listings/nearzip.php?
Thanks I'll have to check that out.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,841 times
Default Why yes, I do know a country music jam. Wanna come?

Quote:
Does anyone know of any Country Music Jams in the Louisvile, KY area?
Michael D--have I got a jam for you. See this press release below. Come, and invite all your friends!

Call me, Susan Gosselin, of One Horse Records/Vest Advertising at 502-261-0942 ext. 15, or email at sgosselin@vestadvertising.com for more.

Here is a link to read more about the Howards and play one of their tunes:
Vest Advertising » Blog Archive » One Horse Records Records at Vest Digital Media

And here is the official press release for the event:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Indiana Folk Group “The Howards” to offer free food, concert at Clarksville’s Lapping Park on September 5

LOUISVILLE, Ky., August 22, 2009 -- This Labor Day Weekend, The Howards will bring people back to the land with a “Farm Fresh” themed CD release party, starting at 5:30 p.m., September 5, at Endris Lodge in Clarksville, Indiana’s Lapping Park. Guests are invited to enjoy a free buffet of farm-grown finger foods from Farm to Fork catering, shop for handmade/handgrown items, and enjoy a free concert from the Howards.

The festivities start at 5:30 p.m., with the outdoor concert beginning at 7 p.m. “We’re having an old-fashioned hootenanny after the outdoor concert,” says Molly Howard, singer in the duo she shares with her husband, Cameron. “Musicians of any skill level are welcome to bring their instruments and play. We’ll pass out song sheets so everyone can sing along. It will go as long as people feel like staying,” she adds.

The Howards, who own Old Capital Farm (dairy goats) in Corydon, Ind., are passionate about promoting locally grown foods, American roots music and land conservation. “Molly and I didn’t grow up on farms. We chose this lifestyle. So we named our CD ‘Farm Fresh’ because the farming lifestyle really is fresh to us. I think it’s a dream a lot of people are having these days, as many of these old ideas about being close to the land are becoming new again,” said Cameron Howard.

The September 5th event is co-sponsored by the Clarksville Department of Parks, and is considered a family event, with park playgrounds nearby. While picnic seating will be provided, it is recommended attendees bring their own lawn chairs in case of an overflow crowd. Alcohol will not be sold, but attendees are permitted to bring their own.

In addition to the free, first come, first serve appetizer buffet, representatives from the local Slow Food chapter will be on hand, selling hamburgers made from Foxhollow Farm beef, organic hot dogs and veggie burgers. Platters will sell for $5 and under.

The Howards met in Indiana, playing and singing together in church. It wasn’t much of a leap for them to become high school sweethearts, marry, have two children, and pursue their dreams of farming. “Farm Fresh” is their first CD, and also the first release from Louisville-based One Horse Records, whose goal is to promote area talent. The Howards’ CD “Farm Fresh” will be sold at the event.

For more information, contact:
Susan Gosselin/Vest Advertising/ One Horse Records/ 502-261-0942 ext. 15 (work), 502-558-5370 (cell) or sgosselin@vestadvertising.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area