Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:50 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The ones on top of the hill (St Anthony Gardens) rented for over $550 (I checked online), but the other ones did look really cheap.

2 murders in one small area per year is pretty high, especially considering only several hundred people live there. Old Louisville south of Magnolia Street has only had 2 in the past 5 years w/ a population of over 6,000; and most people consider it a high crime area.
The ones I am referring to are the ones on the same street as the Y and one street over (I don't remember the street names)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,451,683 times
[quoote]is that St Anthony church road aka Hot rod haven?[/quote]

Hot Rod Haven...I havn't heard that term in years. You must be my sisters age as she and her friends called it that.

St Anthony is still pretty nice, but last time I drove up there there was more development. One thing I liked about the place was those piney woods..groves of cedar and Virginia pine. Do you recall that?

Old 05-13-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyT View Post
[quoote]is that St Anthony church road aka Hot rod haven?
Hot Rod Haven...I havn't heard that term in years. You must be my sisters age as she and her friends called it that.

St Anthony is still pretty nice, but last time I drove up there there was more development. One thing I liked about the place was those piney woods..groves of cedar and Virginia pine. Do you recall that?[/quote]

Yeah it was still called hot rod haven when I was in High school (I graduated in 92) and still call it that. I am not sure what kind of woods were there though.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:55 PM

27 posts, read 81,138 times
This has been a really helpful thread. I spent my first week in Louisville and drove through Windsor Forrest. It was very nice. I also thought Shivley (sp?) was charming.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:59 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,460,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkeating View Post
This has been a really helpful thread. I spent my first week in Louisville and drove through Windsor Forrest. It was very nice. I also thought Shivley (sp?) was charming.
I would say generally that there is a general movement of wealthy residents from areas West of Dixie Highway (in the flood plain) to the hillier areas East of Dixie Highway (Waverly Hills, Parkwood, & Auburndale). There is a ton of new construction in the 3rd Street Road area, most of which is higher end homes ($200,000+), so it's hard to image property values declining.

Maybe someone who is more familiar w/ the SW area could add more insight (hhm... that's you, Missy)

Old 05-18-2008, 07:42 PM

Hon I don't know who is moving where but there are some BEAUTIFUL areas in the East Pages/Stonestreet/Old Third street areas. There are nice areas on Terry too but that area, sadly, is getting a bit rough. I also agree with Arnoldtown rd with Hardwood Forest, Windsor Forest and Windsor Lakes there. There will be more of the "good ol' boy" types around here than the East end but personally I would rather them over snobs anyday! (Not to say that is all there is in the East end either...)

Oh and the Scott's Gap, Blevin's gap and such area has some really pretty areas but is very rural in feel. Like these: Property details
Apparently no one sells there very often cause I can't find much for sale.

Last edited by missymomof3; 05-18-2008 at 07:52 PM..

Old 05-18-2008, 07:58 PM

I am not sure where this street is in Valley but WOW CHRISTOPHER SCHLAGER

one on St Anthony CHRISTOPHER SCHLAGER

Valley station road :CHRISTOPHER SCHLAGER

by Iroqouis Park: CHRISTOPHER SCHLAGER

Last edited by missymomof3; 05-18-2008 at 08:13 PM..

Old 05-19-2008, 05:16 AM

8 posts, read 23,393 times
If you move to the St. Anthony's Church Road/Hot Rod Haven area, be sure to go to the cemetary at night and shake Mother Mary's hand. The thought of it still gives me the creeps...

I grew up in the PRP area, dad still lives off Greenwood. It's a great place. Your $250,000 will go a long way in the new developments out there. Be careful buying along Terry Road. I never understood buying a quarter of a million dollar home looking right accross the street at Sylvania?!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwithani View Post
If you move to the St. Anthony's Church Road/Hot Rod Haven area, be sure to go to the cemetary at night and shake Mother Mary's hand. The thought of it still gives me the creeps...

I grew up in the PRP area, dad still lives off Greenwood. It's a great place. Your $250,000 will go a long way in the new developments out there. Be careful buying along Terry Road. I never understood buying a quarter of a million dollar home looking right accross the street at Sylvania?!
Most people not from the area know nothing about Sylvania since it is so hidden. I lived in Sylvania for a year and a half and though the people weren't bad per se, there was ALOT of white trash back there.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:54 AM

49 posts, read 156,316 times
[quote=missymomof3;3806045]I am not sure where this street is in Valley but WOW CHRISTOPHER SCHLAGER

That home is in the neighborhood near the corner of Old Third and Valley Station Road; I recognised it immediately! (My exhusband proposed to me in front of it back in 1991.) Here's a link to the 360 degree tour: vi360.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area