U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:09 AM

414 posts, read 1,128,381 times

Advertisements

As I have stated in previous posts, I am planning to move to Louisville (hopefully within the year). I thought this would be an interesting post for you to participate in, as well as for me to learn about your city.

You have 1 day, 24 hours, Saturday morning to Sunday morning, to convince your best friend to move to the Ville. How would you spend your 24 hours? What would you do? Please don't answer from a tourist standpoint, but from a "this is how great life is in Louisville" standpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 10:29 AM

4,824 posts, read 12,487,037 times
How old is the friend? What is their lifestyle? Do they have a job/career?

Old 05-22-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
How old is the friend? What is their lifestyle? Do they have a job/career?
No, no....I don't want to set guidelines. I'm interested in what YOU guys think is great and special about Louisville. What is YOUR perfect day in town?

Old 05-22-2008, 01:17 PM

4,824 posts, read 12,487,037 times
I understand, but there are so many things to see and do. Single gay men/women would not be interested in the things that married couples with 2.4 kids would be interested in and so on and so forth.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:19 PM

5,321 posts, read 10,588,000 times
why should Louisvillans have to convince you? Just take 24 hours to read the posts on this forum and convince yourself.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
why should Louisvillans have to convince you? Just take 24 hours to read the posts on this forum and convince yourself.
Dang fellas. I don't need to be convinced. You've missed my point. I have researched the crap out of Louisville. I've read almost every post on this site. I just want to get to know the city more, from various perspectives.

If I told you I was X and enjoyed Y then that would be the generic answers I would recieve, and I would not learn about the entire city. Certainly the frequent contributors to this site come from all walks of life and have different ways to entertain themselves. I simply thought it would be neat for the people on this forum to post THEIR ideal day. A great city is made up of people from all walks of life. I am interested in different perspectives, not the same perspective because of criteria I have entered.

I guess maybe I should have just asked what are your favorite things to do in Louisville? Not what you think I would like to do....but what do YOU like to do? What makes Louisville great in your eyes?

Old 05-22-2008, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,272 times
Default Enjoying Louisville

A good day for me is boating on the Ohio river. Cruise down river to one of several water front restaurants and enjoy outdoor dining. Cruise back up river enjoying the sites along the way, pull into one of three large islands and bask in the warm afternoon sun.

At least until gas sells for $5.00 a gallon!

Old 05-22-2008, 06:30 PM

9,590 posts, read 20,477,839 times
1. Drive down St James Court at twilight when the fountain is lit
2. Take a drive from Cherokee Park to Iroqouis Park down the Olmstead parkways
3. Take a bike ride down the River Walk or Levee Trail
4. Spend a day at Museum Row touring the Glass Works, Slugger, Science, Ali, and Frazier Museums- save on parking by parking along Main Street West of 10th
5. Keep Louisville Weird by patronising local restaurants like the Dairy Kastle at Eastern Pky & Bradley ($1 ice cream cones--> yum!) or the Windy City Pizzeria at 4th & Winkler

Old 05-22-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC183 View Post
A good day for me is boating on the Ohio river. Cruise down river to one of several water front restaurants and enjoy outdoor dining. Cruise back up river enjoying the sites along the way, pull into one of three large islands and bask in the warm afternoon sun.

At least until gas sells for $5.00 a gallon!
Wow! That really sounds great! I did not know there were water front restaurants in the area. That makes Louisville sound even better. My family would definitely be all over that! Thanks for your feedback.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
1. Drive down St James Court at twilight when the fountain is lit
2. Take a drive from Cherokee Park to Iroqouis Park down the Olmstead parkways
3. Take a bike ride down the River Walk or Levee Trail
4. Spend a day at Museum Row touring the Glass Works, Slugger, Science, Ali, and Frazier Museums- save on parking by parking along Main Street West of 10th
5. Keep Louisville Weird by patronising local restaurants like the Dairy Kastle at Eastern Pky & Bradley ($1 ice cream cones--> yum!) or the Windy City Pizzeria at 4th & Winkler
Great list census. I'm sure my family will enjoy all 5 of your postings. Sporting events, museums, parks, music, you name it...if it's hometown....we love it! Thanks for your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or