U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2008, 02:55 PM

3,773 posts, read 6,941,492 times

Advertisements

Google street view is now available in Louisville,I consider it a great tool even better than Birds Eye View by Windows Live Local and it has expanded more area than before of most large American cities.

I found my grandmother's house in the Saint Matthews area of Louisville on Ridgeway avenue and found Waggener High School where I graduated (1974) on Hubbards lane and many other places.

Last edited by noland123; 06-14-2008 at 03:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 11:53 PM

3,837 posts, read 8,183,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Google street view is now available in Louisville,I consider it a great tool even better than Birds Eye View by Windows Live Local and it has expanded more area than before of most large American cities.

I found my grandmother's house in the Saint Matthews area of Louisville on Ridgeway avenue and found Waggener High School where I graduated (1974) on Hubbards lane and many other places.
Come back! I have traveled to Jville and much prefer Lville! Anyways, street view is a valuable tool, but they did not explore many of our suburbs including La Grange. I may make this a stick to remind people. Street view is as good or better than driving certain streets (at least in 2007 when it was taken)!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:38 AM

1,447 posts, read 3,045,742 times
Well, great. Now I am totally addicted!

I found it a little odd that Washington, DC isn't listed yet. Maybe security reasons?

Old 07-04-2008, 11:32 PM

6 posts, read 12,738 times
I had fun with it taking a virtual ride down Bardstown Road. I can't get back this year, so it's the next best thing :-)

Old 07-05-2008, 12:41 PM

2,917 posts, read 5,229,671 times
It's available in Louisville, Lexington and Northern KY areas of Boone, Kenton and Campbell Counties.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:42 PM

2,917 posts, read 5,229,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
Well, great. Now I am totally addicted!

I found it a little odd that Washington, DC isn't listed yet. Maybe security reasons?
More than likely.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:10 AM

1,447 posts, read 3,045,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
More than likely.
I guess I'm wrong. Here's another service and DC is listed.

Welcome to EveryScape

Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 PM

81 posts, read 170,676 times
This creps me out. still cool though. Microsoft is big brother? yeah right, google has taken that title long ago, Gmail which is googles email client. Records what you type in an email and will place advertisements accordingly. Talking to an uncle about computers, you get a computer ad....

Old 07-08-2008, 01:08 PM

42 posts, read 87,591 times
Cruising through Louisville with Street View was a great help to us when looking for a place to live. I would recommend it to anyone considering a move from another state. True, it doesn't extend into some of the outer areas like La Grange, but most of Louisville's streets are available.

Louisville has so many neighborhoods, with such a variety of architecture and layout. Someone who's never been to the city, or only been there once, maybe for an interview, wouldn't know where to start. Am I more comfortable on streets lined with trees and early century homes? Do I like the energy and bustle of the city with its lovingly restored old buildings and warehouses? Am I looking for eclectic shops and cafes with tables out front where people relax and pass the time of day? Do I want something contemporary, yet still within the city limits? I felt I could actually sense the pulse of some of the neighborhoods. Those were where I was most comfortable and wanted to start looking first.

Coming here to this forum was the beginning. Finding listings online and returning here to ask questions gave me insight and a sense of direction. Then seeing what the neighborhoods looked like from street level helped narrow down the search. This process sure saved both time and gas for our realtor and us.

Now, I virtually drive around other neighborhoods to see what I missed.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:34 PM

3,773 posts, read 6,941,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
I guess I'm wrong. Here's another service and DC is listed.

Welcome to EveryScape
Thanks for the information on the site,I just went down Lincoln rd. mall in Miami Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area