Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,045,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
...Yes, Troubadour Hikes Point. I only went there once myself....
What was the years that it was opened and closed~? I just remember being there in the 1980's. That was the place to go then. I have fond memories of the place and dancing there. How come you all closed it anyways~?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 AM

17 posts, read 87,728 times
Kienle's...Definitely classy. Sadly, a divorce brought an end to it all - her ex-husband opened a German place on the town square in J'town, but it didn't last long after that, and neither did Mrs. Kienle's... Funny,
I Didnt know he was the chef at LCC...

Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 PM

17 posts, read 129,343 times
I used to hang out at the amusement place Outer Limits after working at UPS off Grade Lane. With the paltry part time salary I got, I could only afford a few pinball and video games and never made it to the track.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadawg59 View Post
Kienle's...Definitely classy. Sadly, a divorce brought an end to it all - her ex-husband opened a German place on the town square in J'town, but it didn't last long after that, and neither did Mrs. Kienle's... Funny,
I Didnt know he was the chef at LCC...
And I thought you were the "he or she" that owned Troubador's"

Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 AM

Selman's became Gus Mayers (also gone) ...The Hat Box...Stewart's & their Orchid Room (what was the downstairs called ???) Wasn't it L.S. Ayres wo bought Stewart's...Then, Hess's ??? They're also gone... Ben Snyders...

I can't get over Hytken's being gone...I have many a vintage piece of my Mom's from there... Which made me look it up... Interestin' Tid Bit..

May 18, 1998

My X husband was one of 3 people who owned the Troubadour...

Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Selman's became Gus Mayers (also gone) ...The Hat Box...Stewart's & their Orchid Room (what was the downstairs called ???) Wasn't it L.S. Ayres wo bought Stewart's...Then, Hess's ??? They're also gone... Ben Snyders...

I can't get over Hytken's being gone...I have many a vintage piece of my Mom's from there... Which made me look it up... Interestin' Tid Bit..

May 18, 1998

My X husband was one of 3 people who owned the Troubadour...
I knew the family of Hytken's, rather went to HS with one of the kids. Why did you all name it "Troubador" and what years did it exist~ Just curious. It might of been there in the 1970's when I was in HS, but I only recall the 1980's maybe the late 1970's.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I knew the family of Hytken's, rather went to HS with one of the kids. Why did you all name it "Troubador" and what years did it exist~ Just curious. It might of been there in the 1970's when I was in HS, but I only recall the 1980's maybe the late 1970's.

I dont know Everything about the "TroubleDoor" LOL ... NOT... ... I married the person after their involvement with it ... Grand Finale I haven't a clue... Seems to me they opened it in 1971 or thereabouts... I dont know when it closed as I know the Only time I went there was after my X was no longer involved in the 1980's... Partners in business sometimes disagree ya know or are "Nut Jobs" ... Seems to me also about naming of it there was a place in L.A. or something named that as I saw pics of them there...

Old 01-26-2013, 11:11 AM

Loevenhart's & Martins menswear ... My family were shopaholics...

Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Loevenhart's & Martins menswear ... My family were shopaholics...

<Raises Hand> Mine too. I have still have stuff with those labels in it from my Dad A friend of mine is/was a friend to the Martin family here.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:38 PM

I ave some Really old wood hangers ... Now, I knew te Bycks. Boy did I spend Alotta time in there. Knew the Emory's from the Mall & Mr. Knotts. My sister worked there when she was young & Tom Cruise came in there Alot as a kid... I Guess Knotts is gone now... Embry's in Oxmoor... Course, Chi Chi's is gone. The Original T.G.I. Friday's in Plainview. Boy, did I spend some Time & Alotta $$$ There...That location was the longest open restaurant in their entire chain. I Sure Do Miss Louisville !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area