Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 08:13 PM

7 posts, read 20,105 times

Advertisements

I am having a difficult time finding any rentals(homes, duplexes, apts etc) that allow black labs. We are looking for a 3 bedroom in Elizabethtown that would be in the city school district. We are moving from Maine and I would like to have a list of places to look at when I go down in November, but I can't find any. I loved the Claysville Landing Apts, but they don't allow pets. Also, what does "pet standards" mean in the rental classified ads?? Any information on Elizabethtown, homes, schools, area etc would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,640 times
Unhappy Big dogs

I just moved up here myself and it is hard to find a good consolidated listing of rentals. I have two German Shepherds and found a small realtor who just happened to be renting a house, but I'm not sure I would recommend this organization to anyone. I've only been here one month and I had a heat issue that went unresolved and have a pest issue that is ignored. My first advice is to contact realtors...but be prepared to pay upwards of $1k/month and lose $700-1000 to a non-refundable pet deposit. As for 'pet standards' I was told by someone renting a home that it meant no pets. I have had apartment rental companies tell me it means there is a standard pet agreement, usually meaning a small pet only...so if it says pet standard you should probably not bother with contacting them. Check the local paper for an owner who is looking to rent, they are usually more flexible (if they haven't been burned by irresponsible pet owners yet). I'm not sure if there is an online listing for the Fort Knox newspaper (Inside the Turret), but you might try to search that...and if nothing online then when you come down, make a trip up there, get on to the military post and get the most recent paper because they have A LOT of listings due to soldiers coming and going frequently. Also, some soldiers bought homes here and look to rent them upon changing their duty station.
I just found this site looking for information on events here..so I won't check back most likely. If it's possible to click on my login name and email me, don't hesitate to email me with any questions. I know your frustration and I made it through so any help I can be to you I'm all for it. There was no way I was leaving my dogs when I moved, so I sympathize with you. Good luck and welcome to E-town.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:18 AM

8 posts, read 24,741 times
We also had the same problem (2 huge dogs (dalmatian, lab) & a cat) & found a GREAT place in Vine Grove, which is about 10-15 mins from Ft. Knox. It really doesn't feel like it takes that long. We went through Network Realty & they were super accomadating for the military. Our brick apt has a fireplace, a very nice sized garage, washer/dryer, patio & a front & back yard. The appliances are all new also The hole community seems to be only active & retired military. These apts must be fairly new because we can't find our address on our navigational systemThe rent is very nice also about $750. Our agent is Nancy Carroll & her phone number is(270)351-2351. I know that their are some still available. Trust me this will probably be your best bet if you have huge pets & need alot of space. Keep us informed, i'm curious to learn what you decided. Oh yeah almost forgot. The pet deposit for all of our pets was $400 which we had no problem paying but she really worked with us as we had just got to Ft. knox all the way from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Again, the company is Network Realty & our agent is Nancy Carroll.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:40 AM

5 posts, read 15,100 times
I am in the same situation. We are moving from PA to the E-town area, and looking for a rental that will allow a lab mix and an indoor cat. Our current lease is not up until the end of July, so we hope if we discover a pet friendly place that we can go ahead and put a deposit to hold it until we can make the trek down. Should we be visiting E-town and looking for a place in person? Or is what is available all accessible online? In PA, not everyone is internet savvy, with nothing placed online... Would love any help for a young couple moving to E-town. All advice is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Default Pet friendly rentals

You should try this site that is specifically geared towards house-rentals for members for and in the military. https://www.ahrn.com/index.php

This site is specifically designed for those who own a home who want to rent it. I'm not saying everyone one who lists with the site allows pets but most places that are listed are houses vs. apartments and more of the homes allow pets vs. don't allow pets. Sure you might have to pay a deposit, but it keeps your options open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area