U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 07:53 PM

12 posts, read 28,542 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am wondering if someone could tell me why the water quality rates so low for Oldham county. I've been researching areas around Louisville because it looks as though we may be moving there next spring. Oldham County seems to suit our needs from what I can tell online, but it concerns me that the water quality rated 1 on a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being best. This was on Sperling's website. Is this accurate, and if so, why?
Thanks,
Shan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 03:58 AM

153 posts, read 476,922 times
Totally inaccurate. The entire region was rated #1 this year. I have a feeling the 1 is actually been reversed from a 100. Someone at Sperling's been drinking too much!

Old 09-10-2008, 05:18 AM

4,824 posts, read 12,476,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan117 View Post
Hi,
I am wondering if someone could tell me why the water quality rates so low for Oldham county. I've been researching areas around Louisville because it looks as though we may be moving there next spring. Oldham County seems to suit our needs from what I can tell online, but it concerns me that the water quality rated 1 on a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being best. This was on Sperling's website. Is this accurate, and if so, why?
Thanks,
Shan
Shan, I am a resident of Oldham County. What you need to know is that most of the residents of OC are customers of either Louisville Water Co or the LaGrange Public Waterworks. I am not looking at a map right now, but generally speaking Oldham County water serves a banana shaped area arcing from southeast to center and up to the northeastern area's of the county.

I have never heard of any major issue with the quality of water in any area of the county. Two years ago, there was a major early summer drought which was also prior to a major infrastructure investment coming on-line. This led to stoppage of lawn watering and car washes. It may be that the water quality slipped a bit during that time, too.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:21 PM

12 posts, read 28,542 times
I appreciate the replies. Thank you. That's a relief! I couldn't imagine why the water could be rated that low! I am stressing over having to move, although, the fact that the area seems like such a nice place really helps. It's still hard to leave family and friends.
Thanks again for your help.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:25 PM

4,824 posts, read 12,476,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan117 View Post
I appreciate the replies. Thank you. That's a relief! I couldn't imagine why the water could be rated that low! I am stressing over having to move, although, the fact that the area seems like such a nice place really helps. It's still hard to leave family and friends.
Thanks again for your help.
Leaving family is tough, friends who are really friends will allow you to gather lots of new friends too. The people of Oldham County are some of the greatest people I have ever met. They make great friends easily and will accept you too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area