U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 06:42 AM

23 posts, read 49,676 times

Advertisements

i am getting my home exterior painted by a painting co, but i am not happy with there work. they are not coming regularly and are not doing a good paint job also.how can i get out of contract with them..my contract does not say any thing about the termination of contract based on bad job...please advise..its urgent...i have to make next big payment to them very soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 03:56 AM

153 posts, read 477,087 times
I deal with this all the time. Meet the owner in person and show a Serious temper and tell him it would be best if they just walked away. If he refuses, tell him that you won't pay another dime until the job is done and your not paying a dime over the original agreed upon amount.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:31 AM

23 posts, read 49,676 times
They already had the big deposited, the owner him self works and is the worst among them...they came yesterday and threaten to go to court if i don’t pay them the dues..they made up lots of expenses to eat my deposited and also asked for extra money to void the contract..i am really disappointed and shattered...have no idea how to deal with the court system here as I am from some other country...is there any way i can complain and get my money back even though i signed and voided the contract? Painters have not completed even 5% of work and have taken 40% of the total project cost from me..

Old 10-09-2008, 02:00 PM

19 posts, read 62,019 times
You have options! Do not let them scare you into paying them anymore money. Tell the owner that unless he finishes the job to your satisfaction you won't be paying him anymore money, you will contact the Attorney General in Kentucky and the Better Business Bureau. You can also take HIM to small claims court to get the money that he already took from you. If this is any type of respectable businessman he will be concerned about his reputation and your satisfaction with his work. Here is some contact info for you:

Kentucky Attorney General - 502 -696-5389

Better Business Bureau - 502-583-6546

Old 10-09-2008, 07:28 PM

153 posts, read 477,087 times
I agree about the Ky Attorney General recommendation. If they want to play hardball, call Jack Conway's office immediately. He is an excellent and honest Attorney General and they are specifically looking into situations such as yours. I've got a friend who is the best painter in the city and he may be able to help you. His name is Glen Howerton and his phone number is 502-744-6199. Someone will help you here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area