U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:35 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,589,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
I've spent a little time on the NOVA forum and that sure seems to be the consensus. Luckily, if I move, I won't have to live near or commute to DC. Seems like Fredericksburg or Gainesville would be nice alternatives.
OT... why ya leavin us???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 02:44 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,228,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
OT... why ya leavin us???
Probably not, and probably not for a few years even if I do. But I may have a chance to work out a very nice deal in that area and semi-retire.

I think retiring to a new area of the country is a dream of everyone, but the truth is that I'll probably stay here unless it's an offer I can't refuse. Plus, even if I move, I reserve the right to come back here and harass you!

Old 10-15-2008, 02:58 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,589,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
Plus, even if I move, I reserve the right to come back here and harass you!
You're on baby!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:10 PM

4,114 posts, read 8,925,909 times
So, you miss Louisville?

Good, cause I don't, and I'm a UofL alumnus.

Hope you have the opp. to move back to the Ville if that is what your heart desires. In the meanwhile, continue to give Nashville a try. You might begin to like it more than you do now; there is a lot of great in that city, too.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:50 AM

54 posts, read 210,529 times
jcm had a hard time meeting people in Louisville. I wonder why?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 969,252 times
I really took my hometown for granted while I lived there. It really is a great place to live and work--I mean right now it's hard for everyone everywhere, what with the financial disaster the country is in--but Louisville has everything, accept mountains and ocean. Well, all you have to do is drive a few hours and you can be in the Great Smokies, if you're hankering for the Mountains, and if you're not too keen on driving the 12-15 hours to Myrtle Beach or Panama City Beach (or other beach of choice!) then there is always Hurricane Bay! Man do I miss that place! I love me some Lazy River with Jamaican themed music--spent many a day sizzling myself into a red mess by floating around in an innertube! Haven't been there since August 2002--because I usually come home to visit in the colder months/holidays (has it changed much?).

There is always something to do, somewhere to go, somewhere to take the kids; plenty of good shopping (I miss 24/7 shopping--nothing like WalMart-ing at 3:00am when you can't sleep--and really huge malls and outlet centers!). The people are friendly, and Louisville is big enough to get lost in (stay anonymous) but small enough to navigate easily--everything pretty much just goes in a big circle (thank you 265!) so it's kind of hard to get lost unless you wind up on the interstate by mistake with no sense of direction!

Yeah, I really miss Louisville--friends and family most of all. You know what "they" say: you can take the girl out of Kentucky, but you can't take the Kentucky out of the girl. "They" were right!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 AM

37 posts, read 115,155 times
I have been transplanted here for a year now, I don't think I have agreed so much with someone. Louisville has everything you want without the rat race. Louisville is home now , I hope I can make it for good...

Old 08-26-2011, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 929 times
I lived in the ville for 4yrs since then I have been all over Cali, Fl, Or, and overseas yet i still find myself missing my old Kentucky home and cannot pin point any one thing that make me long for it so.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:25 PM

4,114 posts, read 8,925,909 times
I moved to California at the beginning of this month. So far, absolutely no homesickness for Kentucky, especially Louisville. Zilch, nada. I will admit, however, that I miss a few family members and some of the down home friendliness of rural Kentucky, even if it is kind of insincere.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:14 AM

40 posts, read 100,359 times
I'm one of those that lives in Louisville now and is trying to get out. Can anyone name some of the things that you really love about the city? I saw Tigerlilly mention that she enjoyed the Hurricane Bay water park (which has now been closed for over a year), but I'm just curious what others might name as some of the things they'd boast about. When I travel or talk to those in other states, I'm starting to find it difficult to come up with reasons why Louisville is a great city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or