U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:15 PM

21 posts, read 58,906 times

Advertisements

I had to relocate due to my job moved to Nashville tn I loved it in Louisville such a hidden gem!! I am now in Nashville were it is busy as heck traffic wise and the people are not to friendly! I lived in Louisville for two years it was such a nice city with very friendly people I just wanted to thank the great people of Louisville and hope to get back there very soon!

Anyone who is thinking of moving there should def check it out has everything one could want without the headache a big city but small at the same time. I hope it stays the way it is a great city that not to many know about or even will consider I was skeptic to move there had that typical persona of KY but what a shock I was so wrong keep up the good work Louisville will always have a spot in my heart!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 05:49 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,586,912 times
Come on back hun, we'll be waiting!

Old 10-13-2008, 11:59 AM

23,049 posts, read 32,053,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryder21kjk View Post
I had to relocate due to my job moved to Nashville tn I loved it in Louisville such a hidden gem!! I am now in Nashville were it is busy as heck traffic wise and the people are not to friendly! I lived in Louisville for two years it was such a nice city with very friendly people I just wanted to thank the great people of Louisville and hope to get back there very soon!

Anyone who is thinking of moving there should def check it out has everything one could want without the headache a big city but small at the same time. I hope it stays the way it is a great city that not to many know about or even will consider I was skeptic to move there had that typical persona of KY but what a shock I was so wrong keep up the good work Louisville will always have a spot in my heart!!
At least you are two hours from Louisville. I love Louisville too and am working on moving there. I'm in Virginia and i'm 11 hours away from Louisville.

Even eariler this year i was not high on Kentucky but the more i researched and even visited, I'm now convinced that Kentucky is one of the best kept secrets in the country (hopefully it stays that way.) Hopefully, you can find a way back to KY.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:14 PM

5,321 posts, read 10,600,241 times
Oh gosh, let's not get started on this. I live in WA state and I'm still trying to get to Louisville. I returned for a visit about a week and a half ago and it was like coming home. Being in the city was like returning to an old friend. I feel so confident in my relocation choice of Louisville. I just wish I could GET there already!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 04:09 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,586,912 times
Awwww I wish y'all could get here quicker! We need more people like you!

Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM

14 posts, read 47,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Oh gosh, let's not get started on this. I live in WA state and I'm still trying to get to Louisville. I returned for a visit about a week and a half ago and it was like coming home. Being in the city was like returning to an old friend. I feel so confident in my relocation choice of Louisville. I just wish I could GET there already!!!

I like Louisville, Kentucky and found it was a good fit for me, I am living in Florence, Kentucky now and I am glad that at least I am still in Kentucky and call it home. The county I live in Boone County is one of the fastest growing counties in the state now.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,227,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm in Virginia and i'm 11 hours away from Louisville.
What part? There is a slim chance I'll be moving to Virginia around Fredericksburg. I have a friend just west of Manassas near the gap and he really likes it there.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:30 PM

23,049 posts, read 32,053,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
What part? There is a slim chance I'll be moving to Virginia around Fredericksburg. I have a friend just west of Manassas near the gap and he really likes it there.
Alexandria, about ten miles from DC. Straight up cant stand it.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 PM

3 posts, read 5,815 times
Default helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryder21kjk View Post

Thank you, this is actually funny because I live in Nashville and am thinking about moving to Louisville! My boyfriend and I are both in the service industry, he works for Hard Rock so we are looking a places he could transfer to. We were thinking south, Orlando, but both of our families live in Ohio and we have a daughter, we recently went to Ohio and I was talking to my Mom about moving(I hate Nashville) and now I am thinking I would love to be closer to family! Our thing is though, we need to be somewhere where it IS possible for us to make a good living on tips and my boyfriend is a musician so he needs a good music scene!!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:41 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,227,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Alexandria, about ten miles from DC. Straight up cant stand it.
I've spent a little time on the NOVA forum and that sure seems to be the consensus. Luckily, if I move, I won't have to live near or commute to DC. Seems like Fredericksburg or Gainesville would be nice alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or