Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2008, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,037 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Louisville and I am not real familiar with it yet. I do know that the West end is known for crime and poverty. I have not ventured that way yet, so I have not witnessed it. But I get the impression that it's kind of a bad place.
I am very interested in animal rescue and have read that Louisville has a major feral cat population in the city and many organizations are working to help these cats. I think this is great!
But here's my question, does Louisville have a stray/feral dog problem like a lot of other major cities? I have heard rumors about an abundance of unowned and stray dogs on the West end. Does anyone know if this is true? I contacted Metro and they said they pick up stray dogs when possible and if the dog is "unadoptable" it is euthanised. This was all the info I could get though.
I am just wondering if there is a problem with stray animals (particularly dogs) on the West end. If so, I am interested in helping those animals and drawing light to the situation. Any info provided would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 03:09 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
While I have not heard of any feral cat and stray dog problems, it wouldn't surprise me given the large number of abandoned buildings there which can house entire colonies of mice which could serve as food

While the West End overall is pretty bad some spots are pretty quite and others are very bad. The area bounded by Broadway, Market Street, 9th Street, and I-264 is quite dangerous even by big city standards.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,958 times
Default Stray animals and West End

It's kind of funny that the West End has problems with some, not all of the youth and you are talking about stray animals. What about helping a human being in need? I'm not saying helping animals is a bad thing but I think we as people have life a little messed up. We are trying to help an animal, which can not go to school, get a good job, or try to make something out of themselves before we help a kid who is trying to make it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area