Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I am thinking that myself sweetie.
LOL. Well there you go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 02:11 PM

26 posts, read 49,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Thanks to both of you.

Don't get me wrong, Louisville is great. It was very pretty. There is a lot of people that live in the city ,traffic was very busy, and there seemed like plenty to do. These are things you don't see in Cleveland, or anywhere in Ohio. People are leaving our state in packs and no one wants to live here. Many businesses are moving elsewhere.

It was different in Louisville though. You didn't see all the foreclosed signs everywhere (or anywhere, for that matter). People in Louisville are responsible. You could just look around and not see the crime ridden, dirty areas like you do in Ohio. These are all good things, but I am just used to driving around seeing crime, dirty areas, foreclosed homes, homeless people..this stuff is non-existant from what I saw.

As far as the meeting people thing goes, well..you wouldn't go to restaurants by yourself, and I'm already out of college. There is no doubt people in Louisville are nicer. It's because they have a reason to be happy about stuff. There is no reason to be happy in Cleveland or in Ohio. We have lost over 200,000 jobs, no one moving to our state, etc.

As far as St.Matthews goes..I don't know, that area was so weird..when I talk about shopping I'm talking about areas in Cleveland like Fairlawn (Akron). I could not find anything like that in Louisville. THe best thing I could find is in Clarksville IN or the Outer loop area, by the Jefferson Mall.
We didn't want you damn yankees down here the first time,
and we sure as hell don't want you now.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:41 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,791,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowler View Post
Uhm, did you forget to add the smilie face, or are you being serious?

Old 10-20-2009, 02:46 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times
Quote:
Well that is a wonderful way to express Southern Hospitality

Old 10-20-2009, 04:16 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Well that is a wonderful way to express Southern Hospitality
LOL, I thought the same thing!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:43 PM

114 posts, read 243,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelsmiley75 View Post
Too much of a system of incompetence and stupidity running the city of Louisville. Its a cultural thing as well. Kentucky is a culture of incompetence, poor education, and people that are lacking in the mental state which holds back the state from acheiving great things.

Being 47th in education is a barrier to higher paying jobs. Being in the bottom as far as obesity, cigarette usage, and health indicators is another. Employers don't want fat digusting blobs clogging up their arteries and raising health premiums. Kentucky has that problem for sure. Schools here are lacking both in quality, educational aptitude, but also in discipline.

State government here is taxing people to the hilt that people unless you are making 40 K or above you will be simply struggling to survive. Too many low wage employers especially for the jobs that used to pay 35 to 55 K are now trying to get by with paying 10 to 15 an hour. Nothing great there. Its a state you are best to avoid because of the low literacy level, the high amount of functional illiterates and the people running state government leave us broke year after year especially as the economy goes and the state budget is shot.

Kentucky especially E. KY is an entitlement society and a low wage society which leads to budgetary problems. Which is why Gov. Beshear has been talking a lot about the state budget. Its not pretty here as it is not elsewhere but when it comes to making a living then you might want to look elsewhere.

Oh dear!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:48 PM

114 posts, read 243,764 times
Quote:
Oh dear, dear!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2009, 05:21 AM

58 posts, read 108,906 times
Default Be nice

Quote:
Easy now, I am a yankee (Upstate New York) who is moving to the area soon, (she's from Valley Station). I like "LOOiville". As far as Ohio cities versus Kentucky cities, (and yes I have been in both states many times), people in KY seem to be better mannered and not in a damn rush all the time.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:46 AM

Location: City - Prefer the country. People shouldn't have to live where they can't see the stars.
98 posts, read 283,760 times
I realize the colonel is probably a flamer...but I gotta say it.
Quote:
But I have to say that the zip codes of 40203, 40217, 40208, 40210, 40211, 40212, 40215, 40216, etc are a major part of the problems that Louisville faces.
And would the 'etc' zipcodes you refer to, be like...40229?? If your profile is factual, that's where YOU live. Well Whoopdie Freakin' Do... McNeely Lake Apartments was ground zero for meth traffic for a long time. I remember when you could...
Quote:
find prostitution, gang banging, drugs, robberies, murders, shootings, etc there every day of the week. Its always something and its always in the news.
And I've spent enough time off Blue Lick Road to know that most of those folks aren't in such high cotten either. If you look, you'll see the property values are about the same.
I lived in 40229 for about eight years, and I liked it. But I was born, and live in 40216, close to PRP now. I can assure you, not much difference dude, so get over yourself.
The main difference between the areas is the 40216 end of town is slightly older, and has done Jefferson County's heavy-lifting for years. That's given the area a wrinkle or two, but it is certainly not the hellhole you describe.
Sweep your own steps before you talk about your neighbor's house.
Have a real nice day...

Old 10-29-2009, 06:14 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyCityDiva View Post
I realize the colonel is probably a flamer...but I gotta say it.
And would the 'etc' zipcodes you refer to, be like...40229?? If your profile is factual, that's where YOU live. Well Whoopdie Freakin' Do... McNeely Lake Apartments was ground zero for meth traffic for a long time. I remember when you could...And I've spent enough time off Blue Lick Road to know that most of those folks aren't in such high cotten either. If you look, you'll see the property values are about the same.
I lived in 40229 for about eight years, and I liked it. But I was born, and live in 40216, close to PRP now. I can assure you, not much difference dude, so get over yourself.
The main difference between the areas is the 40216 end of town is slightly older, and has done Jefferson County's heavy-lifting for years. That's given the area a wrinkle or two, but it is certainly not the hellhole you describe.
Sweep your own steps before you talk about your neighbor's house.
Have a real nice day...

Perhaps I should erase all Colonel's posts. He is a troll who has reincarnated under various different names. Pay him no attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area