U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:42 PM
 
Location: New Albany, Indiana (Greater Louisville)
9,583 posts, read 20,459,831 times
Reputation: 9077

Advertisements

According to quite a few articles I found it appears the new Downtown Area is still on schedule for U of L's opening game for the 2010/11 season (Nov 2010). Jim Host was quoted as saying "the money's already in the bank" and that the bad economy will lower the cost of the construction.

Has anyone been by the site lately?

WAVE 3 TV Louisville, KY | Louisville arena won't be hurt by economic downturn
Arena seat selection slated for 2010 - Business First of Louisville:
Regular safety visits set for arena construction | courier-journal | The Courier-Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-23-2008, 02:12 PM
 
6,295 posts, read 13,176,543 times
Reputation: 2789
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
According to quite a few articles I found it appears the new Downtown Area is still on schedule for U of L's opening game for the 2010/11 season (Nov 2010). Jim Host was quoted as saying "the money's already in the bank" and that the bad economy will lower the cost of the construction.

Has anyone been by the site lately?

WAVE 3 TV Louisville, KY | Louisville arena won't be hurt by economic downturn
Arena seat selection slated for 2010 - Business First of Louisville:
Regular safety visits set for arena construction | courier-journal | The Courier-Journal

Yes, the foundation is already dug and they are starting to lay the actual concrete here soon for the underground parking garage. By this time next year, I expect the thing to be fully topped out, and work can then begin on the interior by Spring 2010. There are hundreds of workers at the site daily. If you go to the museum plaza website, they have live webcams of the arena and museum plaza sites situated on the top of galt house and waterfront plaza towers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 02:19 PM
 
Location: New Albany, Indiana (Greater Louisville)
9,583 posts, read 20,459,831 times
Reputation: 9077
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Yes, the foundation is already dug and they are starting to lay the actual concrete here soon for the underground parking garage. By this time next year, I expect the thing to be fully topped out, and work can then begin on the interior by Spring 2010. There are hundreds of workers at the site daily. If you go to the museum plaza website, they have live webcams of the arena and museum plaza sites situated on the top of galt house and waterfront plaza towers.
Awesome. I haven't been up to the 'Ville in about a month to check out the arena, Museum Plaza, or U of L housing work sites. The Province site on Shipp Ave was really coming along with the frames of several new buildings already done, I hadn't noticed any work at the arena site and thought it might have been delayed.

I am not optimistic that MP will get built, at least as it is proposed. Any new work at "the crater" next to the Ali Center?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 02:40 PM
 
6,295 posts, read 13,176,543 times
Reputation: 2789
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Awesome. I haven't been up to the 'Ville in about a month to check out the arena, Museum Plaza, or U of L housing work sites. The Province site on Shipp Ave was really coming along with the frames of several new buildings already done, I hadn't noticed any work at the arena site and thought it might have been delayed.

I am not optimistic that MP will get built, at least as it is proposed. Any new work at "the crater" next to the Ali Center?
No, but utility work continues in earnest along river road, and the ugly power grid is being taken down soon where the park for MP will go. I was riding my bike along the river the other day and confirmed this with a utility worker by the power grid, who said the MP partners are paying for this relocation. MP is silently cleaning up its environs when everyone thinks it is dead. I suspect if the economy turns around in the next two years we can see cnstruction begin on the tower itself again, but in the meantime, the crater is silent while its edges have activity. You need to read www.brokensidewalk.com


Also, why are you in Lexington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 06:12 PM
 
Location: New Albany, Indiana (Greater Louisville)
9,583 posts, read 20,459,831 times
Reputation: 9077
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post

Also, why are you in Lexington?
3 letters: G-P-A

My gpa got below 2.0 so I can't get any loans. I have one semester to get my grades up, but I have to pay my own way. I thought I would move back in with family in Lexington and work a few months to get back in school but the job market is super tight now everywhere. I am going to start somewhere next week, but it took nearly 3 months to find any job.

I am hoping to be back at U of L for the Fall 09 semester, possibly living in some of those new student apartments on Shipp Ave that are supposedly only $425 a month

Speaking of Shipp Ave... I called a number I got from the work site about leasing and ended up learning about a new development right across from the Province thing. The person said that the apartments were targeted towards students but not exclusively student housing - the rates were $600 and up per bedroom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top