U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 08:52 PM

83 posts, read 299,294 times

Advertisements

Louisville does not have a gang problem like other big cities...There will become gang problem as long as we ignore and continue to act like there isn't a problem at all. There are gangs in Louisville, but they are, as has been already stated, not organized like the sets of Bloods or Crips or Hispanic gangs in places like L.A., Chicago, or even places like ATL or St. Louis. St. Louis and Memphis have alot more gang related activity, and St. Louis is considerably smaller than Louisville. Most of the gangs in Louisville are youth and young adults, but there is not much leadership at this point. When the Victory Park Crips had their leaders arrested, that displaced their leadership. Since then I don't think that there has been anyone really step up into leadership for gangs like Badd News, Doom Squad, and Taliban. The gang called Cut Throat Committee, which is supposedly a spin-off of the Market Street Crips, have recently been in the news, and police were linking them to a couple of the recent homicides. The victims that were killed were in their mid-twenties, as were the guys who were arrested. This seems somewhat more serious than some of the other incidents, because 25 year olds are not just in a gang to impress people or for protection necessarily. It seems more likely that this gang could be more organized than some of the other gangs were hear about in Louisville, since police tied them to two homicides in a week. There also have been reports of hispanic gangs in Shelbyville and just across the river in Indiana. If there begins to be Hispanic gangs infiltrating Louisville, especially anything like MS-13, then I assume there would begin to be turf wars and a spike in gang-related crime.

I am sure there are those who disagree with what is stated above...

Old 12-31-2008, 12:57 AM

2,415 posts, read 2,353,204 times
strong families help, but that no free ride, and yeah you gatta rise up, in yourself to conquer yourself first

Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 AM

9,583 posts, read 20,456,271 times
From today's CJ

Old 12-31-2008, 09:18 AM

5,321 posts, read 10,580,811 times
Wow. Big jump in homicides from 2006 to 2007. I wonder what accounts for that?

Old 12-31-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Wow. Big jump in homicides from 2006 to 2007. I wonder what accounts for that?
I don't know, I'm just glad we don't bounce around btw 120 and 150 like Indy does
Marion County Homicide List (http://bartlies.com/homicide.php - broken link)

...or 700 and 1,500 like Tijuana does
SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Mexico > Tijuana & The Border -- Carnage persists; weekend toll is 34

Old 12-31-2008, 10:43 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
for the CDF poster yes its terrible news. but for the people that live there it will only change when they see it as a problem. the attitude, that is not a criminal, that is my 15 year old baby, has got to stop.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:09 PM

83 posts, read 299,294 times
Would you not say the economy accounts for some of the increase in homicides? Also, are the 70 county homicides in 2004 in the same area as this years or are certain areas seeing an increase in homicides?

I would like to know statistics concerning how many of these are drug-related and/or gang-related for each year. I would also like to see the average age of the victims and of those who were arrested in these cases. It seems like this year the average age is 21-30 or so. It is also interesting and sad that African Americans make up probably around 1/3 or Louisville, yet they make up the majority of homicide victims. The really sad thing is that most white people could care less...

Old 01-01-2009, 10:05 AM

2009 is off with a "bang" - a murder this morning at 22nd and Hill

Old 01-01-2009, 09:12 PM

4 posts, read 10,736 times
kat 750 most murders do happen in the west end of louisville but you can't say put use in "under stadium lights and marshal law with curfews".becuse if you do that murders are going to happen in a different area then it will replace the west end. where do you live that makes you fell so high and mighty. becuse where ever its it it has crime just like the west end. And will "BS crime prevention More cops in high crime areas Profiling works benifit everyone" all you are doing is just turning a place where some one lives into a hell hole and scary enviorment.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:01 PM

7 posts, read 17,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat750 View Post
Of course but crime and murders don't even belong in the same sentence though. Geez...

All this talk of money coming back in, progress and things getting better all the while lou murders are up and all you are doing is like colbot said the crime moves away when this happens.

To where? Taylor blvd, shively, pockets here and there in okolona, j town. How is that benifiting the city as a whole? Ah i see its about the downtown, not the burbs. Plain and simple. Its a constant battle to shift the poor black masses out of site and out of mind. How about some no BS crime prevention? More cops in high crime areas? Profiling works...do it. Stuff like this will benifit everyone.

Its funny how you downtown guys hate the suburb sprawl but when it comes down to improving downtown your all for it. lol! MOVE EM OUT!! The west end should be under stadium lights and marshal law with curfews. If i lived there i would be all for it. But id sleep in my car before i would live there, it would be nicer.

The more and more i think of this the more sickened i get. You guys have some hellafied blinders ill give you that.

Oh My God Where To Begin? Let me ask you this question are you giving advice or venting? LOL Whatever, consider this, the FBI stats confirmed that your chances of being mugged, murdered, or raped by another white person are higher than that of a thug from the west end. You are no safer in the county than in the city. And let's not forget about the Meth epidemic out in the county!

Data Declaration

Provides the methodology used in constructing this table and other pertinent information about this table.
Overview

Download Printable Document

* In nonmetropolitan counties in 2007, most arrestees (82.1 percent) were white. Black persons accounted for 14.4 percent of all arrestees, and the remainder of arrestees were of other races.
* Of the individuals arrested in nonmetropolitan counties for violent crimes, 73.8 percent were white. Of those arrested for property crimes, 82.2 percent were white.
* More than 81 percent (81.1) of the juveniles (persons under the age of 18) arrested in the Nationís nonmetropolitan counties in 2007 were white.
* In 2007, white persons under the age of 18 accounted for 67.7 percent of violent crime arrestees and 83.5 percent of property crime arrestees in nonmetropolitan counties.
* More than half (52.9 percent) of juveniles arrested for robbery in nonmetropolitan counties were black.

Crime in the United States, 2007
U.S. Department of Justice ó Federal Bureau of Investigation
September 2008

Table 61 - Crime in the United States 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_61.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area