U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 10:41 AM

8 posts, read 52,371 times

Advertisements

We just got a new puppy and have also recently moved to the area. Any suggestions on a good, caring vet around here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 11:41 AM

4,824 posts, read 12,499,649 times
We are lab lovers. We have three chocolates and will be breeding the two females in 2010. Until last week when we lost our 9 yr old Black due to cancer, we had four. We normally keep 3 to 5 in our yard and more often in our house. Our license plates even note our love for labs. That being said, we can highly recommend Dr. Thomas Rainey at Countryside Animal Hospital on Hwy 53 just north of LaGrange. Dr. Rainey also does acupuncture and the old boy we had for 15 years did amazingly well until he had a stroke and we had to put him down. Best part of Dr. Rainey's office is his staff. Love all around.

As a secondary and our back up, we enjoy Dr. Brad Shipman at Buckner Animal Clinic in Buckner, about 1 mile east of I-71 exit 17. Great guy, and we would not hesitate to use him at all. Dr. Rainey just gets our vote as first place due to his tenure of excellent care for our dogs, his acupuncture and homeopathic favorable practice. Both are 5 to 15 minutes from Crestwood.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:08 PM

8 posts, read 52,371 times
Thanks Tom. I was actually looking at Buckner Animal Clinic as a possibility, so it was nice to hear something positive. Our new little family member is actually a yellow lab with a chocolate nose . My son has been wanting one for a year, he turns 6 in a couple weeks so we thought it was about time to get him a dog.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:45 PM

72 posts, read 203,884 times
It has been a while since I've had my dog around. She passed away about 6 years ago, but I always took her to the Pewee Valley Animal Clinic. At the time Dr. Myer was still there a lot, I don't know if he still is or not. It was an easy location for me, as we made our trips to the vet the old fashioned way... on FOOT and PAW! Oh and Tom, she was a chocolate lab too!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:04 AM

21 posts, read 52,111 times
We really like Dr. Oliver at Vetinary Associates Stonefield. It's just across the way from The Fresh Market and CVS on Shelbyville rd. (zip is 40223.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area