U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2007, 11:37 AM

24 posts, read 112,142 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I spent last night in Louisville, saw BB King at Whitney Hall and hung out at 4th street live. Most people in Lexington don't like Louisville much, some even say they hate it. I have to say that Louisville was a great place to be, the traffic wasn't bad (even for a weekend) and the people everywhere were smiling and giving off good vibes. Bardstown road was the same scene! I wish that Lexington had one ounce of the fun and variety that Louisville has to offer. I may not know my way around the city too well but there's always something cool to see or do there. I always thought that if I moved it would be to Southern California for the weather, positive energy and nutty people like me. Now I'm not so sure! Thank you Louisville for helping me see you in a different light this weekend.

Last edited by XRay; 03-25-2007 at 11:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 12:50 PM

174 posts, read 461,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRay View Post
My girlfriend and I spent last night in Louisville, saw BB King at Whitney Hall and hung out at 4th street live. Most people in Lexington don't like Louisville much, some even say they hate it. I have to say that Louisville was a great place to be, the traffic wasn't bad (even for a weekend) and the people everywhere were smiling and giving off good vibes. Bardstown road was the same scene! I wish that Lexington had one ounce of the fun and variety that Louisville has to offer. I may not know my way around the city too well but there's always something cool to see or do there. I always thought that if I moved it would be to Southern California for the weather, positive energy and nutty people like me. Now I'm not so sure! Thank you Louisville for helping me see you in a different light this weekend.
Lexington still has time. To remain competitive (with Louisville,) It will have to offer that same sort atmosphere. To my knowledge, the closest thing they have to "the Highlands" are the areas around the UK and Transylvania campuses... places like "High on Rose."

I can only hope they can open their eyes and pursue this. They already have some of the best radio stations in the state of Kentucky (WUKY- NPR that rocks, The UK student station on 88.1 FM.)

Old 11-27-2010, 03:09 PM

6,295 posts, read 13,176,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu7 View Post
Lexington still has time. To remain competitive (with Louisville,) It will have to offer that same sort atmosphere. To my knowledge, the closest thing they have to "the Highlands" are the areas around the UK and Transylvania campuses... places like "High on Rose."

I can only hope they can open their eyes and pursue this. They already have some of the best radio stations in the state of Kentucky (WUKY- NPR that rocks, The UK student station on 88.1 FM.)
Lexington is not even in the same ballpark as Louisville when it comes to this sort of thing. It is much smaller though. Nice post by the OP.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:41 AM

715 posts, read 1,407,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRay View Post
Hate all they want, Lexington does not compare to Louisville. Comparisons are not fair, Louisville is a legitimate major US city, Lexington is an overgrown college town with a business district that feels like a corporate office park.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:42 PM

30 posts, read 78,664 times
I hate to say it...but Lexington is the least friendly large town in KY! Granted, I've only visited 4 times but each time we go it's always the same--rude drivers, rude people. Louisvillians on the other hand are friendly and down to earth for the most part--very open and helpful. People in Lexington are kind of stuck up and proud. I'm not sure why this is. Anyway, Lexington I am NOT a fan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or