U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 AM

15 posts, read 41,597 times
Default Looking for area North of Louisville

Hello,we are relocating to southern Indiana. Husband is working in Austin, Indiana and we have no interest in that area and would like to be closer to Louisville (within 30 - 40 minutes). Good schools a must...need to find a nice place for low 200's... any suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 12:38 AM

252 posts, read 558,653 times
well welcome to the louisville area! even though you're still gonna be over on the indiana side ;-P

there are some really nice neighborhoods north of the I-265 beltway in indiana (but west of I-65). i like the areas off of charlestown road (between sellersburg and I-265). these areas have very nice, new neighborhoods that would be very close to I-65 interstate access (although this area might be a bit far south for you).

i'm assuming since you don't want to live in austin, that you don't want to live just south in scottsburg either? i'd say the next best town south is probably sellersburg, IN. the sellersberg, IN population is right aroung 6,000. i'm not really sure about the schools, but i do know that sellersburg is growing at a decent pace. the homes and neighborhoods that i mentioned above are blending into the south side of sellersburg, so i would expect a healthy growth rate to persist. i would assume the schools would only get better as well. maybe post this in the indiana forum too if you already haven't?

Last edited by bw87a; 04-16-2009 at 12:56 AM..

Old 04-16-2009, 05:05 AM

4,736 posts, read 7,470,604 times
If you can handle rural life, one of the best school districts and a small town is Brownstown. While there is the typical small town clique mentality, its very safe, very convenient to Austin, and the value of homes are solid.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 626,872 times
Well, it's not exactly a booming metropolis but I lived in the Henryville/Memphis area for a while, and just loved it. My sister is wanting to move back to the area, and one of my best friends just moved there with her family.
Her kids go to school in Henryville, and so far they absolutely love it. Memphis is a little more built up than Henryville and surrounds, but H-ville is my choice, just because of small town aspect. It's only 20 minutes from Louisville via I65 (in favourable traffic conditions of course!)

Although I've never lived there, I worked with some people that did, or grew up there, and Austin is not exactly a place I'd ever choose to live either, just not my thing.......(No offense to any Austin-ites that may be posting here of course )

Old 04-17-2009, 04:27 PM

39 posts, read 69,148 times
I'll second the Henryville area. Haven't lived there but if my wife were more open to the idea of country living I'd start looking for a place west of Henryville somewhere along 160 in a heartbeat. Beautiful country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area