Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 PM

3 posts, read 10,806 times

Advertisements

A charming, newly engaged couple is desperately seeking an urban rooftop on which to host their small wedding and reception late this July. Please contact if you own or have access to a rooftop that includes these simple parameters:
View of downtown
Safe, walkable structure
Interest in making a bit of money

The wish-list, because of course there is one, includes:
bathroom
warehouse (full of something wicked, like boxes, or old pianos...)
cool freight elevator that goes to the roof
chairs to borrow
electricity, running water

But seriously, this creative couple will make use of any space that has the right look (think: gritty), the right price, and who wouldn't want to watch a rooftop transform into a magical, romantic cityscape?

Please let us if you have any info, even just to point us in the right direction (that doesn't mean telling me that Glassworks or Frazier rent their roofs...).
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 05:59 PM

7,059 posts, read 16,639,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccawazny View Post
A charming, newly engaged couple is desperately seeking an urban rooftop on which to host their small wedding and reception late this July. Please contact if you own or have access to a rooftop that includes these simple parameters:
View of downtown
Safe, walkable structure
Interest in making a bit of money

The wish-list, because of course there is one, includes:
bathroom
warehouse (full of something wicked, like boxes, or old pianos...)
cool freight elevator that goes to the roof
chairs to borrow
electricity, running water

But seriously, this creative couple will make use of any space that has the right look (think: gritty), the right price, and who wouldn't want to watch a rooftop transform into a magical, romantic cityscape?

Please let us if you have any info, even just to point us in the right direction (that doesn't mean telling me that Glassworks or Frazier rent their roofs...).
Thanks!
Wow, this is a very tough task. The most common rentable roofs would be Glassworks, Frazier, and the Muhammad Ali Center.

My initial thought was contacting one of the condo owners at the Henry Clay. Several of the condos face north and have sweet city rooftop deck with the entire skyline views.

Welcome Home Page - Louisville Luxury Rental Homes by RentMyHouse4Derby (http://www.rentmyhouse4derby.com - broken link)

Downtown Penthouse - Anytime - Louisville Luxury Rental Homes by RentMyHouse4Derby (http://www.rentmyhouse4derby.com/rentals/DowntownPenthouse-IronmanSpecial - broken link)

A quick google search shows you are in luck! The place I was thinking of actually has someone who rents. That is a sweet deal for the listed price. And the Henry Clay is an awesome and gorgeous building. They rent the ballroom and lobbies for tens of thousands for weddings.

I cant really think of any other options besides Barrington Place. Their rooftop has mostly south facing skyline views and it is not nearly as charming as Henry Clay. No one would really have the charming frieght elevator you want. Kentucky Towers has a frieght elevator but it isn't too nice, and they wouldn't let you on the rooftop. You may try to find something at WaterfontPark Place but I doubt you would be able to get a whole unit on any random weekend for 650. Ditto that for the Spaghetti Factory Lofts.

A final thought is the new Fleur De Lis on Main. They are having a tough time selling condos in this market, so they may be willing to rent you their rooftop for a reasonable price, but again, I doubt it due to the HOA.

A final and possibly more viable option would be to rent the jacuzzi suite at 21C. I know several of them are quite large and have awesome skyline views...not sure how they would feel about a wedding though.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 10,806 times
stx,
Thank you for your thoughtful reply! I had spoken to Henry Clay once about a small deck, but its "shared space". The penthouse rental is a very good idea! And certainly a way around the required catering fees!
Barrington Place immediately dismissed the idea of renting their roof. I'll check on Fleur de Lis, and I'm waiting to hear back from 21C.
Thanks again for the response.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Old 06-04-2009, 06:52 PM

7,059 posts, read 16,639,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccawazny View Post
stx,
Thank you for your thoughtful reply! I had spoken to Henry Clay once about a small deck, but its "shared space". The penthouse rental is a very good idea! And certainly a way around the required catering fees!
Barrington Place immediately dismissed the idea of renting their roof. I'll check on Fleur de Lis, and I'm waiting to hear back from 21C.
Thanks again for the response.

Anyone else have any ideas?
One more. Saw an article about Jarfi's relocating to Zirmed Towers. Apparently they have some sort of rentable rooftop. Maybe its more reasonable than Glassworks. Still, Id stick with Henry Clay. 700 bucks for a fully furnished luxury penthouse with panaroamic skyline views and 1000 sf for a weekend? You wont beat it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area