U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 11:41 AM

114 posts, read 222,998 times

Advertisements

Hi

Can anyone advise where to get a decent second hand sofa in the Louisville area. Don't want to pay too much cos will only be used for a year. Is there anywhere these items are advertised or where a 'sofa wanted' note can be placed?

Cheers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 02:59 PM

6,749 posts, read 20,496,869 times
Yes, go to freecycle or cheapcycle, both are yahoo groups.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:42 AM

87 posts, read 246,899 times
also try craigslist.com

Old 06-21-2009, 06:11 AM

4,824 posts, read 13,232,738 times
Watch for auctions, especially true estate auctions. My wife and I just purchased a beautiful executive desk/table from Frick & Fracks on the corner of Main & Walnut in downtown LaGrange. An excellent consignment shop! There are two notable "new" furniture stores in LaGrange. I know you didn't want new, but the drive out to Frick and Fracks would not be complete without a stop in Theiss's and the legendary Cherry House. We have found Theiss Furniture to always be competitive with the Lowes, Home Depot, H.H.Gregg, etc for appliances; and with Ashley, Haverty's etc for nice home furnishings. Cherry House is a bit more for the Mercedes/BMW crowd, but they do have some great furniture.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:11 PM

114 posts, read 222,998 times
Thanks a lot to you all for your help with this. Appreciated.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:06 PM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,042,470 times
Hey English Liz,

Check out St. Vincent de Pauls' thrift store down on Preston Street(?). They often get furniture donations from places like Rhodes Furniture--brand new stuff and it goes for pennies on the dollar. I know, because my mom used to manage one of their stores and I used to volunteer there! hehe

I don't know if they still do or not but it's certainly worth a look.

Cheers!

Old 01-04-2010, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 9,595 times
Default i can help

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Liz View Post
Hi

Can anyone advise where to get a decent second hand sofa in the Louisville area. Don't want to pay too much cos will only be used for a year. Is there anywhere these items are advertised or where a 'sofa wanted' note can be placed?

Cheers.
i got a L-shaped sectional price up in the air ( micro-fiber )

Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 9,595 times
i got a whole house of furniture that needs to go ( prices are not set on anything first come first serve ) just need to move call me Darren at 502-416-6752 if interested
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area