U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 04:32 PM

13 posts, read 36,189 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for someone who can cut a fantastic angled bob!!...I'm in southern Indiana, but not probs going to Louisville...I got a fantastic cut at Vidal Sassoon in Chicago, but it's grown out, and I've not found anyone who can cut it properly...Seems everyone has their own interpretation of the "bob".

Any names are greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 PM

5,288 posts, read 17,488,273 times
Georgia at Jerry Heston Salon at 2710 Frankfort Avenue in Louisville (St. Matthews). (502) 897-5553

http://www.jerryheston.com/LINKS/info.htm (broken link)

Old 06-30-2009, 12:45 PM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 967,081 times
Yeah, I know what you mean about personal interpretation of the term "bob".

I used to wear my hair in a bob, cut diagonal forward (shorter in back and longer in front? I'm guessing your "angled" bob is maybe similar?), which I preferred at a fairly extreme angle. I found one girl at a salon in New Albany who could do it PERFECTLY, exactly like I liked (she was from **drum roll** Chicago!).

And then she moved back to CHI!

I was crushed. Never found anyone after that who could replicate it, and so now settle for a longer paigeboy-type style.

So I can't point you into the direction of any particular salon, but I would suggest searching out salons that stay current of the latest techniques and are more......forward thinking? There seem to be a lot of salons that cater to grannies, as in, they can only do a few types of cuts, in various lengths of each type. Ask for something a little avant garde, and you come out looking decidely different than what you asked for!

Good luck on your hunt for the perfect bob--keep us informed of your findings!

Old 06-30-2009, 04:42 PM

13 posts, read 36,189 times
Thanks for your suggestions!!...I will be following up!!
And TigerLillyDU, you described the "bob" I'm after very well.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:59 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 967,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jule215 View Post
Thanks for your suggestions!!...I will be following up!!
And TigerLillyDU, you described the "bob" I'm after very well.
Cool! Well, good luck with finding the perfect salon.

when I had mine like that I liked it no longer than my base hairline at the back, and the tips brushed my collarbones in front (I have a pretty long neck, so it was a lot more angled than it sounds). My mom hates that style, she says it makes her feel like she 'shoulda had a V8'! haha
But I love it. At the time I did it, it was very unusual, and that was what I was after--a way to buck the system without being too over the top.

Now it's one of the most standard hair styles.

I could never get anyone to do the back the way I wanted; they always cut it so that it "stacked", but the way my hair is textured, it just looks like someone didn't know what they were doing!

Old 07-10-2009, 11:29 AM

76 posts, read 142,081 times
I've gone to Trudy at Joseph's Salon in Dupont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or