U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,556,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I expected the push back, and it is certainly understandable. I am not perfect, don't ever expect to be, but I sure do try to be. This is not a political thread, but the young lady was guilty of doing everything an employer would dislike. I know, I am married to a Human Resource Director. She has over 700 people in her firm, and yet, she is constantly reminding me of how poor her applicants score on English, manners, and protocol. The young lady from Alabama obviously brought a stereotype to this thread, and I am sad for that. Little did she realize how everyday, in every venue, at any moment, someone just might be judging her as a future employee.

That all being said, I am certain there are several people on this thread who will blast me for showing that care for others might require a bit of willingness to give constructive criticism. If you come to my home and wear a white glove, you'll find some dust. Instead of being upset that you found dust, maybe I should have taken a moment to clean just a bit better. It's time we all took time to demand and expect our children to "clean just a bit better." I know their employers are either going to expect it, or find someone who will.
Tom I respect your willingness to help this young woman with what she is trying to acheive, but sometimes it's all in how it is said and on a forum, it is hard to show the love through the screen

Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM

14 posts, read 31,529 times
Tom, I'm sorry to say but you sound like a child who got pushed off the swingset on the playground. LET IT GO MAN!! I will love to post the PM's! If anyone would like to read them to see Tom shoot himself in the foot, please feel free to DM me.
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area