U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:04 PM

12 posts, read 23,489 times

Advertisements

I'm searching for a neighborhood in Louisville that has recently revitalized or currently undergoing a renaissance? Where are homeowners fixing up old houses and new local businesses thriving? In spite of the tough economy, what are the places with great vibe on the rise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 03:29 PM

9,583 posts, read 20,459,831 times
Butchertown and adjacent areas of Downtown are really thriving with lots of new condos and antique stores.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:54 AM

666 posts, read 2,202,930 times
Around Herr Lane. They just built a new outdoor lifestyle center on the corner or Westport Rd. and Herr Lane and many houses in the area are being remodeled. Most are 3 BR 2 BA brick ranches. Another area that I have been looking at is the East Main/Mellwood Ave area. Lots of new shops and restaurants there and I think it would pay off to get a fixer upper there at the right price.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:40 AM

12 posts, read 23,489 times
Default Does Crescent Hill have a good vibe?

What kind of reputation does Crescent Hill have with the locals? Does it have energy? Has the neighborhood revitalization already happened, or is it still up and coming?

Old 07-16-2009, 08:35 PM

It is still up and coming for the most part, I think the area has a lot of potential and people are now starting to realize it more.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:48 AM

14 posts, read 56,479 times
It sure as heck is not the Newberg/Indian Trail area. I have seen more police in the past week than I'd care for, also they are now on bikes. The lovely sign that you are being watched by the Metro Police is a nice touch. Just screams I'm in a safe neighborhood.

I'd move, but a four bedroom house is hard to find. Sure you can find them in Portland, but I'd rather deal with the dealers here, than then ones in Portland.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:32 PM

6,295 posts, read 13,176,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlperry View Post
What kind of reputation does Crescent Hill have with the locals? Does it have energy? Has the neighborhood revitalization already happened, or is it still up and coming?
I disagree with the above. Crescent Hill has more than arrived. It is not a transitional neighborhood. It is upscale professional, with young families, young professionals, and empty nesters, and around 65% of its residents over 25 hold a bachelor's degree or higher.. It has a trendy vibe in parts and has great walkability. It shines every month on the fat friday gallery hop.

F.A.T. Friday Hop

That hop is a great way to see the neighborhood alive and well. Keep in mind that the map on that site does not even list every business in the area.

There is so much to do up and down Frankfort Ave. Although it does not have the pedestrian activity of say, Bardstown Rd, it is a very established, upscale area. Some of the homes need work, especially in Clifton, but you need to know what streets are good, and this can only be accomplished by driving them. Personally, I love Peterson, Pennsylvania, and Crescent Streets.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
I disagree with the above. Crescent Hill has more than arrived. It is not a transitional neighborhood. It is upscale professional, with young families, young professionals, and empty nesters, and around 65% of its residents over 25 hold a bachelor's degree or higher.. It has a trendy vibe in parts and has great walkability. It shines every month on the fat friday gallery hop.

F.A.T. Friday Hop

That hop is a great way to see the neighborhood alive and well. Keep in mind that the map on that site does not even list every business in the area.

There is so much to do up and down Frankfort Ave. Although it does not have the pedestrian activity of say, Bardstown Rd, it is a very established, upscale area. Some of the homes need work, especially in Clifton, but you need to know what streets are good, and this can only be accomplished by driving them. Personally, I love Peterson, Pennsylvania, and Crescent Streets.
How can you disagree with a question?

Old 07-19-2009, 01:08 AM

6,295 posts, read 13,176,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawg View Post
How can you disagree with a question?
I diasagree with your statement that essentially said Crescent Hill was transitional. IMO it is far from it. It is not "up and coming." That would define Old Louisville or perhaps downtown. Crescent Hill is well estab;ished as an old educated, wealthy area.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:50 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,219,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawg View Post
Around Herr Lane.
I just went to that shopping complex on Westport Road and Herr Lane for the first time in about 5 years and was stunned at how nice it was. It almost looks like Disney World! They turned that place from an eye-sore into a palace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area