U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-10-2009, 09:30 AM
 
8 posts, read 18,385 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Maybe he wants to call himself an African American! Why can't you accept that? Maybe he doesn't know where in Africa his ancestors are from. You obviously know where in Europe your ancestors are from but maybe he doesn't have that luxury.Give him a break.
Why cant I accept it? because he is NOT African..... and NOT African American.....he is American. Just like mexicans, Italians, canadians, or anyone else from anywhere else that become citizens.... they are now AMERICANS. Until we all see each other as AMERICANS, the race issues will never stop.

btw.. I dont know where exactly in Europe my Ancestors came from, It was just an example.

 
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 AM
 
Location: 60630
11,633 posts, read 17,044,904 times
Reputation: 10632
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephg02 View Post
. Until we all see each other as AMERICANS, the race issues will never stop.
.
Well, that will never happen regardless.
But in a way I agree with you. I think Black is a better word.
 
Old 08-11-2009, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Summerville, SC
403 posts, read 1,015,681 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephg02 View Post
Why cant I accept it? because he is NOT African..... and NOT African American.....he is American. Just like mexicans, Italians, canadians, or anyone else from anywhere else that become citizens.... they are now AMERICANS. Until we all see each other as AMERICANS, the race issues will never stop.

btw.. I dont know where exactly in Europe my Ancestors came from, It was just an example.
This is a country founded by immigrants from Europe and built by slave/indentured labor from Africa, China and other places. Our cultural diversity is what makes us great, not what divides us so if people want to self identify by where they're ancestors came from then where is the problem?

The race issue will only stop when EVERYONE recognizes that there is a race issue and works towards ending it.
 
Old 08-11-2009, 11:19 AM
 
30 posts, read 56,572 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
The race issue will only stop when EVERYONE recognizes that there is a race issue and works towards ending it.
Thank you. There is no other way to better race relations then to acknowledge problems exist. You cannot deny, clasp your ears and hum I can't hear you, and pretend it will disappear. It is 2009. Yes racism is alive. I can't believe after the first post in this thread said

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou_slugger View Post
However a black male coworker was chased with a whip...yes a whip in 2009, and our agency refused to do biz with a framer who made a racist comment in front of some of our employees.
People still comment as if minorities are the one making this stuff up. This experience by lou_slugger is EXACTLY why the OP is asking this question.
 
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 PM
 
11 posts, read 27,933 times
Reputation: 21
Racism is as dead as its ever going to get. Do blacks deal with racism is bullet county? Yes. Do whites deal with racism when they go past 9th street? Um, yes. Its always going to be there.

This race card stuff is leftover from the 60s, the same ol victim status its me against the world. This may be rude but.....black people....we are waiting, your fighting battles that no longer exist. That was your parents and grandparents fight.

And yelling racism when some young punk has his pants off his ass, cant even be bothered to form a sentence and walks around like he is about to rape/rob/fight/steal and getting no respect is the biggest joke ever, talk about self fulling prophecy.

Tom is 30 years ahead of the rest of the country with his logic.
 
Old 08-12-2009, 12:03 AM
 
11 posts, read 27,933 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionaddict View Post
Thank you. There is no other way to better race relations then to acknowledge problems exist. You cannot deny, clasp your ears and hum I can't hear you, and pretend it will disappear. It is 2009. Yes racism is alive. I can't believe after the first post in this thread said


People still comment as if minorities are the one making this stuff up. This experience by lou_slugger is EXACTLY why the OP is asking this question.

So your saying the continued victims status given to black by the left is the way to go? It doesnt work, look at every big city in the country. Do you have something else in mind?

If i was black and poor id be the same way. Not because i was poor, (i have been, its not that bad) but non the non stop patting on the head and patronizing by democrats and the left. The, (oh its ok , keep killing, selling drugs, its our fault slavery did this to you even though you were born in 1989)....meanwhile people like me get labeled a racist because we realize they have the ability to do whatever they want in life and are calling them on their BS

People like this on the left are the problem not the solution.
 
Old 08-12-2009, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Summerville, SC
403 posts, read 1,015,681 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecitylol View Post
Racism is as dead as its ever going to get. Do blacks deal with racism is bullet county? Yes. Do whites deal with racism when they go past 9th street? Um, yes. Its always going to be there.

This race card stuff is leftover from the 60s, the same ol victim status its me against the world. This may be rude but.....black people....we are waiting, your fighting battles that no longer exist. That was your parents and grandparents fight.

And yelling racism when some young punk has his pants off his ass, cant even be bothered to form a sentence and walks around like he is about to rape/rob/fight/steal and getting no respect is the biggest joke ever, talk about self fulling prophecy.

Tom is 30 years ahead of the rest of the country with his logic.
Nice stereotyping there buddy

Post like yours just reiterates my point that since Obama got elected whites have completely relieved themselves of the idea that racism still exists in the 21st century.

It's the whole "I can't be racist because my best friend is black" tagline that a lot of whites throw out there when they get caught up in a racist moment. Well in this case it's "I can't be racist because I voted for Obama".

How many black people do you personally know that claim to be a victim? When is the last time YOU came across a black person crying about racism and how the "man"is holding them down? Since you're so convinced that racism is simply a relic of the past then surely you can answer this.

Last edited by Nauticadon; 08-12-2009 at 07:26 AM..
 
Old 08-12-2009, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Summerville, SC
403 posts, read 1,015,681 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecitylol View Post
So your saying the continued victims status given to black by the left is the way to go? It doesnt work, look at every big city in the country. Do you have something else in mind?

If i was black and poor id be the same way. Not because i was poor, (i have been, its not that bad) but non the non stop patting on the head and patronizing by democrats and the left. The, (oh its ok , keep killing, selling drugs, its our fault slavery did this to you even though you were born in 1989)....meanwhile people like me get labeled a racist because we realize they have the ability to do whatever they want in life and are calling them on their BS

People like this on the left are the problem not the solution.
Since you obviously spend little time in black communities and interact with black people very little if at all then let me give you a little insight. The AVERAGE black person is a 9 to 5'er who works hard to pay rent/mortgage (yes some own homes believe it or not), pay bills, put food on the table, and take care of their families. You know who else does that? Pretty much about 95% of all Americans.

This idea that they sit in the ghetto all day complaining about the system keeping them down is both laughable and completely ignorant at the same time.

If you want to play the good right winger and spout off your daily lesson of Fox News talking points then that's your business. Just understand that your way of thinking is the reason why this country will always have issues dealing with race.
 
Old 08-12-2009, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Southern Charm
231 posts, read 602,673 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
Nice stereotyping there buddy

Post like yours just reiterates my point that since Obama got elected whites have completely relieved themselves of the idea that racism still exists in the 21st century.

It's the whole "I can't be racist because my best friend is black" tagline that a lot of whites throw out there when they get caught up in a racist moment. Well in this case it's "I can't be racist because I voted for Obama".

How many black people do you personally know that claim to be a victim? When is the last time YOU came across a black person crying about racism and how the "man"is holding them down? Since you're so convinced that racism is simply a relic of the past then surely you can answer this.
Post like yours just reiterates my point that since Obama got elected whites have completely relieved themselves of the idea that racism still exists in the 21st century.

Nice stereotyping there buddy
 
Old 08-13-2009, 12:37 AM
 
11 posts, read 27,933 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
Nice stereotyping there buddy

Post like yours just reiterates my point that since Obama got elected whites have completely relieved themselves of the idea that racism still exists in the 21st century.

It's the whole "I can't be racist because my best friend is black" tagline that a lot of whites throw out there when they get caught up in a racist moment. Well in this case it's "I can't be racist because I voted for Obama".

How many black people do you personally know that claim to be a victim? When is the last time YOU came across a black person crying about racism and how the "man"is holding them down? Since you're so convinced that racism is simply a relic of the past then surely you can answer this.

What in the world makes you think i started thinking this way since obama got elected? Common sense is timeless.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
Since you obviously spend little time in black communities and interact with black people very little if at all then let me give you a little insight. The AVERAGE black person is a 9 to 5'er who works hard to pay rent/mortgage (yes some own homes believe it or not), pay bills, put food on the table, and take care of their families. You know who else does that? Pretty much about 95% of all Americans.

This idea that they sit in the ghetto all day complaining about the system keeping them down is both laughable and completely ignorant at the same time.

If you want to play the good right winger and spout off your daily lesson of Fox News talking points then that's your business. Just understand that your way of thinking is the reason why this country will always have issues dealing with race.
Of course the average (insert race here) is an average good hard working person but we are not talking about them, we never were. But since you brought the average black person up....Would you say that when i turn on fox news and jesse jackson, al sharpton, NAACP and the ACLU are spouting off their garbage about this happened because such and such was black....or ....this would have never happened to a white person they are not speaking to the avereage black person?

Oh and i was highly pissed when condi rice said she wasnt running. Can i get my (im not a racist card) please....I could give a dam who thinks im a racist,. Oh, ill ask my black guy therapist what he thinks, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top