U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:26 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 967,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I am white my wife is asian, we stopped at a McDonalds in London Ky. The place came to a halt as they all stared at us. I got my order to go.
OMG. Are you kidding me?? (I mean, I know you aren't....) How bloody ridiculous is THAT??

And that poor kid at the Meade Co. Fair........what is the world coming to? I am so disappointed and embarassed that my beloved home state has such things (and worse) happen. It breaks my heart. I mean, don't get me wrong--it's not that I think Kentuckians are all shiny happy people until I hear a negative news report. I know that bad things happen under our noses every day--I'm not naive. But that doesn't make me any less ashamed by (looselY) association.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:27 AM

4,237 posts, read 6,191,045 times
I have been to the Meade County fair alot and never saw anything close to what happened. It's a shame thats for sure that stuff like that happens.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 PM

8 posts, read 11,844 times
Kentucky is too

Last edited by tomcox; 08-27-2009 at 10:13 PM..

Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 PM

52,631 posts, read 75,477,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Kentucky is only about 7-8% Black as a state. So, I agree with what censusdata said. It's a state where it's Black population isn't as spread out like other Southern states. Heck, even NY's black population is probably more spread out, as we have some rural towns and small villages/cities that are as high as 6-20%, if not more. Places like Sodus, Lyons, Hudson, Livingston Manor, Liberty, Monticello and South Fallsburg, come to mind.

As for the other comments, considering that America is a pluralistic nation, there isn't anything wrong with stating the place of origin in relation to one's nationality as well. Besides, it still has American in the title.

Also, while that incident ended up being different and probably more about egos by both men, I think that for one of those situations, there are just as many, if not more that are legitimate. So, hopefully, people will get past this media based, scandalous and shortsighted view of race/racism to actually talk about real issues in regards to the one's mention from that particular incident and in terms of police issues, good or bad.
Whoever sent me that rep about being a "Caucasion(sic) American", racism and white supremacy, I thinnk you are missing the point. When said racial group sets the standard for the cultural being of the country, you don't necessarily have to validate that. So, why does that need to be announced when that is the culture that sets the standard? You can say it, but it would be redundant and odd, considering the cultural realities of this country.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:18 PM

52,631 posts, read 75,477,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Not at all, but until all people acknowledge that racism goes both ways, we won't make much progress.
Sure, but let's be honest about who gets effected by it more as well. Especially when you are talking about it on an institutional level.

Anyway, it seems like Kentucky is a state where the Black population is going to be concentrated more in areas like another poster mentioned, where slaveholding was the strongest and in the major cities.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:24 PM

11 posts, read 27,933 times
Just listening to the police scanner and heard a call come in . 3 black males jumped 1 white male. Clearly a racist attack. Will we hear anything about this? lol

Old 07-18-2010, 08:24 PM

49 posts, read 136,540 times
I was actually thinking about this issue recently... what some folks may be perceiving as "discomfort" - stares and the like, when they come into a small town, might not be about their color so much as it is about their not being familiar. I do a lot of genealogy research, and it calls for me to be in small towns all over KY on a pretty frequent basis. More than once I've had that feeling that everybody's looking at me funny. (I'm an ordinary looking white lady with a bit of a southern accent.) One time, I remember asking for directions at a gas station near Hodgenville, and getting that sense that they didn't like me- I flat out asked a couple of men, "What's the matter? Has my hair gone green or something?" And they were all, "We just don't know you. Where you from?" I told them what I was doing, and what family names I was researching- and suddenly I was okay, acceptable. Even got some information on the burials I was looking for that I might not have learned otherwise.

There is a strong Insiders vs Outsiders mentality in small towns, that I think just comes naturally from knowing your neighbors well and not seeing too many strangers.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:15 PM

65 posts, read 107,476 times
[quote=tomocox;9963230]This entire thread has no place in 2009 America. The code word "diversity" is nothing more than racism on steroids. Likewise, there is no place for "Jim Crowe" or other less than appropriate behavior.

Tomocox- what a difference an Election (and three years of BRA- black-run Amerika) can make!

Instead of making us 'more tolerant and diverse,' Mr. 'the One' has only shown American Americans (whites) that 'Mahogany Mob violence' is on the increase, and is becoming more and more irrational all the time. Books such as "Raciology" by Avdeyev (a Russian with no American [sic] 'prejudice' in his body) has shown all the scientific stats of the last hundred years are more valid and applicable than ever. With the lowest rating in decades, yet Barack still holds high marks with 'his people'- sheer black racism in operation. American Renaissance the blog is chronicling more and more incidences of random SERIOUS violence by Blacks against Whites, even in so-called 'diverse' areas.

On top of that, the blog 'Stuff black People Don't like' [ www.sbpdl.com] has only been online for a year or more, but the stats he's been amassing, just like the 'Gates-gate' fracas that ended with Mr O having a brewski with a cop and an irrational black, was just the tip of the racist iceberg. Blacks nation-wide are exhibiting grievance mentalities like we have not seen since the Carpetbaggers, Scalawags, and Abolitionist supremacists descended on the South in 1867. It's sheer HATRED of anything, and anyone who's White.

And it needs to be said, even on a forum such as this, where conservatives fear to tread.... I, obviously don't fear any man. Or Negro.Truth must triumph over the last sixty years of PC BS.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:00 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,226,185 times
Lightbulb I Have Four Important Words For You...

[quote=Fr. John;21848568]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
This entire thread has no place in 2009 America. The code word "diversity" is nothing more than racism on steroids. Likewise, there is no place for "Jim Crowe" or other less than appropriate behavior.

Tomocox- what a difference an Election (and three years of BRA- black-run Amerika) can make!

Instead of making us 'more tolerant and diverse,' Mr. 'the One' has only shown American Americans (whites) that 'Mahogany Mob violence' is on the increase, and is becoming more and more irrational all the time. Books such as "Raciology" by Avdeyev (a Russian with no American [sic] 'prejudice' in his body) has shown all the scientific stats of the last hundred years are more valid and applicable than ever. With the lowest rating in decades, yet Barack still holds high marks with 'his people'- sheer black racism in operation. American Renaissance the blog is chronicling more and more incidences of random SERIOUS violence by Blacks against Whites, even in so-called 'diverse' areas.

On top of that, the blog 'Stuff black People Don't like' [ www.sbpdl.com] has only been online for a year or more, but the stats he's been amassing, just like the 'Gates-gate' fracas that ended with Mr O having a brewski with a cop and an irrational black, was just the tip of the racist iceberg. Blacks nation-wide are exhibiting grievance mentalities like we have not seen since the Carpetbaggers, Scalawags, and Abolitionist supremacists descended on the South in 1867. It's sheer HATRED of anything, and anyone who's White.

And it needs to be said, even on a forum such as this, where conservatives fear to tread.... I, obviously don't fear any man. Or Negro.Truth must triumph over the last sixty years of PC BS.
And they are as follows---grow the **** up (See? I can roll MY eyes too! )

Guess what? There are scores of people on this forum, and off of it, that frankly aint afraid of you either...you can have a full-out hissy-fit til pigs learn to run the wishbone, and still, nobody with any sense cares about all this hot air and BS...

I'm black...been black for 55 years, and will most likely die black...and I don't possess this all-consuming hatred of whites that you casually attribute to the majority of the black population...I don't have a 'grievance mentality' nor do I feel entitled to anything...I get up off my a** and WORK for everything I have, or have ever had, and no one has handed me a damn thing, not based on my race, economic status, or anything else for that matter

And quiet as it's kept, I'm an 'American American' too...born here, raised here, served my country, as did my father, both my older brothers, and several of my 'relations by marriage'...and I would pay money and buy a ticket to see you try and tell ANY of them that they aren't American, just because you have a knot in your d**k about black people...

Wanna talk about truth? Try this...you constantly running around here like some throwback Chicken Little squawking about ''Awkkkkk! The negroes are coming...lock up your silver and your valuables!...anarchy!...disaster!...no more coffee...AAAAIIIIGHHH!" amounts to about as much in the real world as, say, a tribe of educated meerkats banding together to open a Krispy Kreme franchise in the middle of the Sahara...

Try proselytizing about stuff people might actually give a fudge-dipped damn about, because at the end of the day, as an emancipated adult, you can't do a dadgum thing about me, my family, my friends or anybody else within the sound of your voice, no matter how much you sit and moan about 'truth triumphing over umpty-leven years of political correctness'

Old 11-25-2011, 08:01 AM

65 posts, read 107,476 times
[quote=captaincatfish;21848820]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr. John View Post

And they are as follows---grow the **** up (See? I can roll MY eyes too! )

Guess what? There are scores of people on this forum, and off of it, that frankly aint afraid of you either...you can have a full-out hissy-fit til pigs learn to run the wishbone, and still, nobody with any sense cares about all this hot air and BS...

SNORE.

I'm black...been black for 55 years, and will most likely die black...

I WOULD HOPE SO. AT LEAST YOU AREN'T DOING A MICHAEL JACKSON, NOW ARE YOU?

and I don't possess this all-consuming hatred of whites that you casually attribute to the majority of the black population...

THAT' BECAUSE YOU COME FROM A PRIOR GENERATION. I'M TALKING ABOUT THE FOLKS 40 and YOUNGER, WHO HAVE HAD IT PROPAGANDIZED THAT WHITES ARE THEIR ENEMY. I KNOW WHAT THE SCHOOL CURRICULAE TEACH.... DO YOU?

I don't have a 'grievance mentality' nor do I feel entitled to anything...I get up off my a** and WORK for everything I have, or have ever had, and no one has handed me a damn thing, not based on my race, economic status, or anything else for that matter

THEN, GOD BLESS YOU FOR STILL HAVING A JOB.

And quiet as it's kept, I'm an 'American American' too...born here, raised here, served my country, as did my father, both my older brothers, and several of my 'relations by marriage'...and I would pay money and buy a ticket to see you try and tell ANY of them that they aren't American, just because you have a knot in your d**k about black people...

NOPE SORRY. FOR 'US' and for OUR POSTERITY. Y'all were just '3/5ths of a person back then. I can't change history. But I sure can preach it!

Wanna talk about truth? Try this...you constantly running around here like some throwback Chicken Little squawking about ''Awkkkkk! The negroes are coming...lock up your silver and your valuables!...anarchy!...disaster!...no more coffee...AAAAIIIIGHHH!" amounts to about as much in the real world as, say, a tribe of educated meerkats banding together to open a Krispy Kreme franchise in the middle of the Sahara...

See, YOU ARE MORE INTELLIGENT THAN THE VAST MAJORITY OF BLACKS OUT THERE. YOU ARE NOT THE 'NORM.' YOU EVEN INVEST SARCASM WITH TOPICAL REFERENCES, something most inner city 'rap' thugs wouldn't even get... Ynow wadim sayin?

Try proselytizing about stuff people might actually give a fudge-dipped damn about, because at the end of the day, as an emancipated adult, you can't do a dadgum thing about me, my family, my friends or anybody else within the sound of your voice, no matter how much you sit and moan about 'truth triumphing over umpty-leven years of political correctness'
OH, I DON'T KNOW. ELECTIONS ARE COMING UP, AND EVERY ILLEGAL AMENDMENT/LAW EVER PASSED, CAN BE RESCINDED- Starting with the 14th?

Now, my response.

Hey- I don't care one whit anymore what your kind thinks. I was treated to some 'personal diversity' recently, and I ain't never going back to a 'quiet resignation white wimp' mode, ever again. GOT THAT!? And we are more or less the same age, so, even if you think I am an idiot, you are a PRIVILEGED CLASS of BLACK MAN- you remember NORMALCY.

I know now that EVERYTHING, from Rosa Parks, on down to MLK was a SHAM- communist training centers where subversives such as the two above-named individuals were TRAINED to foment discord, and destroy this nation. (Did we ever learn THAT in our history classes in the late '60'sd and '70's?- HELL, NO) savethemales.ca - Rosa Parks & Our Communist Corporate Elite

Moreover, we citizens of this beleaguered land are now in the last few months before a huge 'sea change' happens, and there have ALREADY been THREATS by your 'race compatriots' on numerous fora, that there WILL be riots, if Obama is not re-elected. WHY? Aren't blacks "Americans" Too? It appears not. Or, only if one of 'Y'all' are in the seat of power, destroying the COUNTRY like they have been destroying MONTGOMERY, AL most recently. But I could name Detroit, Atlanta, etc. Blacks in power, utterly bankrupting entire municipalities? What more evidence do we need, than that the head of Head Start said the entire program is a FAILURE.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, as they say. Appears they were right....

So don't come here all 'uppity' and tell me that my opinions aren't well founded. I am GLAD you work, but what about the vast majority of 'youfs' in the inner city that a) drop out b) do nothing but drugs and violence? What about the NFL, NBA, etc. where the vast majority of ball chasers have NO OTHER MARKETABLE skills, and, even when given their exhorbitant salaries, STILL can't avoid going into debt, repo, and eventually, have a criminal record? This is not a 'cultural thing' ----- this is a GENETIC THING.

And if you've managed to escape it, bully for you. But I am talking about the parts of American society that are WILLING to destroy everything for everyone else, and that Whites have had to foot the BILL for over four generations now. And that the Constitutional guarantees of 'freedom of expression/faith, AND association are systematically being stripped from us, by that 'brotha' you happen to have in the (if you'll pardon the expression) White House!!!!!

So, don't get all 'uppity' with me. I know so many people throughout the USA, that, having seen Barack's hubris, want no more of it. NOt just in the south, either. Friends in Germany are tired of the 'schwartzes' as much as folks in Virginia, No. Carolina, and even Minnesota! Racism comes in all colors, bubba. And white is the Absence of color. So, who's the more racisssss? One guess. It's there in BLACK and white. And, it only took me getting a Doctorate to figure it out.

Whereas I envy some rural KY white, who has known this truth from birth, and has had it in his genes for generations. Trouble is, I had to UNLEARN YOUR bolshevik propaganda to do it, but I am making up for lost time, in a BIG way.

"Have a nice day- somewhere else."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area