U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 07:51 PM

152 posts, read 410,217 times

Advertisements

Hello Louisville - I'm headed to a wedding reception in late September that's being held at the Seelbach Hilton on Fourth Street downtown. Trying to watch my $, I'm wondering if there's a decent (and cheaper!) hotel within walking distance or a short cab ride to the Seelbach. I don't know Louisville at all , so your help would be much appreciated. I'm looking forward to seeing your city - thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 05:33 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,551,450 times
The Seelbach is a luxery hotel so just about anything would be cheaper. I hope this helps: Downtown Louisville Hotels - Find hotels in Louisville KY!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:27 AM

152 posts, read 410,217 times
Thank you MM3 - that link is a great resource!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,551,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagodan View Post
You're welcome!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:45 PM

6,295 posts, read 13,173,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagodan View Post
Its not a bad site, but it is extremely outdated. Many of those hotels are closed or rehabbed and still new ones have opened in the past two years (the Inn at Jewish is now Spring Hill Suites and another Marriot property which are very nice and new). Don't forget the new Sheraton Riverside in Jeffersonville, IN, just one mile from downtown as well.

Frankly, you can get hotel roooms pretty cheap in Louisville using priceline, even luxury ones. The 21C Hotel is WELL worth the money. As a native Chicagoan, I can tell you it is nice and trendy as many of the upscale boutique hotels in Chicago. On priceline, a bid of 100 dollars on an off weekend will land you a luxury room here (which would easily be 400 in Chicago).

If you cant get that, try the Hyatt, which is on the other side of fourth street live from the Seelbach. Fourth Strteet Live is a disney land night life complex downtown. It is not too different from Division street on a Saturday night. Absolutely do NOT eat at any of its restaurants, only go for the nightlife, which is decent if you are a division street kind of person. The nicest spots are probably Hotel Nightclub and Maker's Lounge.

For food and more upscale drinks, do not miss 732 Social, Proof on Main, and Jeff Ruby's. Near the Seelbach, Raw Sushi Lounge is the best affordable spot.

Also do remember downtown Louisville is not the highlight of the city. You must explore bardstown road and frankfort ave to get a taste of the city. Bardstown Road is bustling with shopping and nightlife, especially near the Baxter and Bardstown junction. It has a similar vibe to Clark St or Lincoln St in Lincoln Park, although on an infinitely smaller scale, and with a decidely southern/lower Midwest flare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area