U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:52 AM

69 posts, read 180,308 times

Advertisements

I lived in the downriver area from Detroit----Taylor and then Lincoln Park. Lincoln Park is pretty diversified---a "bedroom community," which I liked. I had a nice brick three-bedroom bungalow there.

My work was drying up, though. Our main clients at the law firm were obviously automotive and a lot of law firms in downtown Detroit were cutting lawyers and staff. My own firm did that only two weeks after I left.

I have two sons that live here---one that has been here 13 years and one has lived here just over three years. All of my grandchildren are here, and I was tired of only seeing them twice a year for a couple of days, so I decided to make the move. Obviously, it was divine intervention because I had a good job at a law firm in the field of law I work in a week (!!!) and then in the midst of my moving, one of my daughters-in-law passed away unexpectedly and now that son is staying with me to get back on his feet. It was one crazy May 2009! I was here the first weekend for my job interview and offer, the second week for my daughter in law passing, the third week I moved my stuff down here to the house I'm renting, and then last, but not least (LOL), I came down here on the 27th. With all the back and forth driving, I put about 4,000 miles on my car!

But it was all worth it because I've seen my grandchildren more in the past two months than I have in years. I cannot tell you how great that is! I live in a very nice neighborhood in the PRP area and I love the house I'm living in. Rent is very reasonable here and so are the prices of homes if you are buying. Pretty much everything else costs the same. The people here are very friendly and chatty.

It's warmer here for a more extended time, which I am definitely NOT fond of, but that's what central air conditioning is for---LOL. I will definitely miss the snow and the cold because I am a true winter lover, but being close to my family is worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 07:25 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,592,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honesty1022 View Post
I lived in the downriver area from Detroit----Taylor and then Lincoln Park. Lincoln Park is pretty diversified---a "bedroom community," which I liked. I had a nice brick three-bedroom bungalow there.

My work was drying up, though. Our main clients at the law firm were obviously automotive and a lot of law firms in downtown Detroit were cutting lawyers and staff. My own firm did that only two weeks after I left.

I have two sons that live here---one that has been here 13 years and one has lived here just over three years. All of my grandchildren are here, and I was tired of only seeing them twice a year for a couple of days, so I decided to make the move. Obviously, it was divine intervention because I had a good job at a law firm in the field of law I work in a week (!!!) and then in the midst of my moving, one of my daughters-in-law passed away unexpectedly and now that son is staying with me to get back on his feet. It was one crazy May 2009! I was here the first weekend for my job interview and offer, the second week for my daughter in law passing, the third week I moved my stuff down here to the house I'm renting, and then last, but not least (LOL), I came down here on the 27th. With all the back and forth driving, I put about 4,000 miles on my car!

But it was all worth it because I've seen my grandchildren more in the past two months than I have in years. I cannot tell you how great that is! I live in a very nice neighborhood in the PRP area and I love the house I'm living in. Rent is very reasonable here and so are the prices of homes if you are buying. Pretty much everything else costs the same. The people here are very friendly and chatty.

It's warmer here for a more extended time, which I am definitely NOT fond of, but that's what central air conditioning is for---LOL. I will definitely miss the snow and the cold because I am a true winter lover, but being close to my family is worth it.
Honesty I am so glad you have been enjoying your move so much and am sorry about your daughter in law.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:59 AM

22 posts, read 51,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honesty1022 View Post

I'm sorry about your loss. I have gotten a lot of good feedback so far and everyone seems so friendly. I totally understand the family thing. This is probably my biggest fear about leaving. I currently live only 2hrs from my family, so I'm nervous about the additional 4 hours that will be added to that. However, things work out the way they are supposed to, so I'm leaving my destiny in God's Hands. Thanks for your input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area