U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:59 AM

7 posts, read 42,006 times

Advertisements

I just moved to KY from the West Coast. Does anyone know of a gym or studio that teaches pole dancing. If not, would that be something that would do well here in KY.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 01:25 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,738,300 times
You mean stripping lessons?

Old 09-23-2009, 01:39 PM

lol...why dont you google "pole excercising" I understand people in the Midwest might not be hip. But it is the best form of excercise for a woman. It is huge on the west and east coast but not so much here I guess. Thanks for your feedback, I figured that would be the reaction here in ole bible belt KY

Old 09-23-2009, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 8,062 times
Just pray for 'em girl!
And check out [url=http://www.polekittensfitness.com/]PoleKittens Fitness, the tri-state's original pole dancing fitness studio[/url] located just a short drive in Cinci, OH. The studio decor sets a perfect exotic (that's exotic, Tammy Faye) vibe. Its located in a nice neighborhood directly across the street from a Popo station! Don't miss Lateefah's Booty Camp- she and the class are the Truth! I hope this was helpful and I'll see you in class! Btw-I was born in Ky, but I'm a SoCal Gal at heart-- Go BRUINS (c/o '97)!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 AM

Thank you Sobelleky...I might take the drive. Take care.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:10 PM

6,296 posts, read 13,182,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alh9976 View Post
lol...why dont you google "pole excercising" I understand people in the Midwest might not be hip. But it is the best form of excercise for a woman. It is huge on the west and east coast but not so much here I guess. Thanks for your feedback, I figured that would be the reaction here in ole bible belt KY
First of all, Louisville is far from the "Bible Belt." Much of the rest of KY outside its major cities can be considered that way, though. I can tell you that if you come into Louisville with an attitude like "it wasn't that way where I live," it will not fly.

I am quite sure there is someone teaching pole dancing lessons in Louisville, but I am not sure who. Louisville is well known with conventioneers and tourists for having one of the highest per capita rates of strip clubs in the country. There are several roads lined with them and they are full nude and open until 4 am--far from conservative Bible Belt. Is Louisville more conservative than the coasts? I do believe so, but it is far far far from a bible thumping town, especially inside I-264.

I would start by going to amateur night at one of the may strip clubs in the area and ask around, or else calling around dance companies picking their brain as to who teaches pole dancing. I can tell you that if you pigeon-whole the city, trying to make it into whatever sterotype of Ky you may have, you will not be a happy camper there. Good luck!

Old 09-24-2009, 03:03 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,879,007 times
Louisville is the Sodom of the Ohio Valley...er...I meant Gomorrah. Sodom implies something else.

Anyway, Styx is correct about the laissez bon temps roulet vibe of the city compared to nearby areas...including Cincinnati.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:08 AM

HAHAHAHAHA...just like a Kentuckian...stand up for ur country ass city....lol, that was funny, thank u for the amusement. You must not get out of your city much...... like I told the other bumkin that POLE DANCING is not stripping....google it!!! You must be like the rest of the overweight KYains claiming that ur city is great....FYI I have called EVERY dance studio in the city and EVERY ONE was totally clueless about pole aerobics....Im sure KY will get it in another 7 yrs or so.........

Old 09-25-2009, 07:43 AM

4,237 posts, read 6,191,045 times
Wow, way to rub people the wrong way Alh9976!!! If out west was so much better then move back, no need to stay where you won't be welcomed with an attitude like you have!!!

I just googled pole dancing classes in lousiville and had lots of hits there, so maybe we ain't so ignorant after all! Good thing you city slickers from out west can come in here and teach us some things!

Pathetic.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:38 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,738,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alh9976 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA...just like a Kentuckian...stand up for ur country ass city....lol, that was funny, thank u for the amusement. You must not get out of your city much...... like I told the other bumkin that POLE DANCING is not stripping....google it!!! You must be like the rest of the overweight KYains claiming that ur city is great....FYI I have called EVERY dance studio in the city and EVERY ONE was totally clueless about pole aerobics....Im sure KY will get it in another 7 yrs or so.........
I ain't no bumpkin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area