Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 06:57 PM

157 posts, read 473,657 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone else had more information about the Louisville Equestrian Center--I heard about it briefly on WHAS, but their website is still in development. Does anyone know what kind of activities there are for adults, children, etc.? Just wanted to know because my husband likes horses but he doesn't have much experience with them, and I've made him live in Kentucky with me for nearly a year and I STILL haven't taken him to visit/ride/watch horses! Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 07:47 PM

7,054 posts, read 16,631,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Gazela View Post
I was wondering if anyone else had more information about the Louisville Equestrian Center--I heard about it briefly on WHAS, but their website is still in development. Does anyone know what kind of activities there are for adults, children, etc.? Just wanted to know because my husband likes horses but he doesn't have much experience with them, and I've made him live in Kentucky with me for nearly a year and I STILL haven't taken him to visit/ride/watch horses! Thanks for any info!
I have never heard of this...can you link me to where you read about it?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 PM

The Louisville Equestrian Center

This is the website, for now. There is little here except info for the 2009 Summer Camp, and also the location, phone numbers, and that it'll be open in Spring 2009. I first heard about it on the radio, WHAS during the Francine program; she had the woman in charge of the equestrian center (I don't recall her position or name...maybe the owner) talking about it. Unfortunately I didn't listen long enough to hear when it will open and what visitors can do.

Just wanted to see if we can get closer interaction with horses in this area, beyond pointing at them from the interstates! hehehe

Old 04-30-2009, 09:31 PM

528 posts, read 2,472,365 times
It's going to be a saddlebred riding and boarding facility, with two indoor arenas and stalls to board about 100 horses. It's focus is on boarding, training, and riding lessons....not really public activities, though I suppose they may have some shows in the future (not sure).

If you want your husband to get an up close experience with horses, schedule a trip over to Lexington and visit the Kentucky Horse Park this summer....always tons of activities going on there, from horse shows to daily "parade of breeds" shows, to trail rides, pony rides for kids, exhibits of everything from farrier demos to hooking up draft horses, to seeing famous retired race horses up close and personal. The Museum of the Horse is worth the trip by itself. Here's the website:

Welcome to the Kentucky Horse Park

Old 05-02-2009, 09:43 AM

Default Kentucky Horse Park

Thanks for the info. I read about the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, but I was hoping that something like that would open closer to Louisville. I suppose it isn't too far, but thinking about the distance is another obstacle to going (plus making barely above minimum wage isn't helping either!). We'll probably get out to Lexington this month, then.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Gazela View Post
Thanks for the info. I read about the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, but I was hoping that something like that would open closer to Louisville. I suppose it isn't too far, but thinking about the distance is another obstacle to going (plus making barely above minimum wage isn't helping either!). We'll probably get out to Lexington this month, then.
There is no need to go all the way to Lexington for that. There are tons of horse farms all around the outskirts of Louisville which allow riding and lessons. Recently I even found out there is a "farm" right in the city in the heart of St Matthews!

Home Page

Give them a call and they can direct you to one of the many other big riding farms, many of which are in Oldham and Shelby counties. Or...try them out at Rock Creek. I think it would be a good place to get comfortable with horses in the comfort of your own city and urban environs.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:06 PM

528 posts, read 2,472,365 times
you're comparing a private horse farm to the Kentucky Horse Park?

Old 05-06-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
you're comparing a private horse farm to the Kentucky Horse Park?
Not at all. The Kentucky Horse Park is the grandaddy of horse things (well with the exception of KY Derby and Churchill Downs ). However, one need not leave the Louisville metro area to see/or ride a horse. And this is what the OP asked for. This isn't NYC...Louisville is surrounded by lots of horse farms like the rest of the bluegrass.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,936 times
Hello everyone,

I just read this post, and I wanted to say that I am a riding instructor at the Louisville Equestrian Center. I just recently began working in May, and it is a fantastic facility to learn about horses and improve your horsemanship skills, or simply see these amazing equines in action!

We just recently opened for business at our location on South English Station Rd. We offer a large variety of riding lessons in both English and Western for riders of all ages and abilities. The Louisville Equestrian Center has a wonderful selection of fantastic lesson horses. The staff is friendly and very happy to cater to your needs, be it to show at the State Fair, or simply groom and get to know our four-legged equine pals. We also have other programs such as an adult riding club, youth clubs, 4-H show and drill teams, and an equine theatre club (which will be performing Cinderella on horseback in Feb. 2010).

So come on out and meet the horses...bring some carrots and take a tour of the facility. We would love to have you come out and experience the joy of horses firsthand. Just give us a call at 502-267-0881, or visit our website at Welcome | louisvilleequestriancenter.com .

Come ride with us...the horses are waiting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area