U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 03:56 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,346,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBoosie030 View Post
Thanks alot!

Well we found a really nice house in Shelbyville and for the price I don't think we can pass it up. I've looked into the cable and internet and insight does have service out in Shelby county. I think I'm going to look into that rather than dish?
For the convenience of TV and internet together, go with cable if it's available. If not, Dish Network works fine. I've had both Dish and DirecTV and prefer Dish.

For internet, give Shelby Wireless a call. They offer high speed internet and may be able to help with your television needs also. 502 722 9292

Avoid satellite internet (Hughes Net) if at all possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 05:33 AM

6 posts, read 23,459 times
I looked at Shelby Wireless seems like their prices are pretty steep compared to insight. I just wonder about the customer service and if both he cable and internet service is really that good out there.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:29 AM

If you can get Insight, the cable and internet service should be fine. If Insight is not available, you only have a couple of choices.

For television:

1. Dish network or DirecTV. Not a lot of difference between satellite companies. Dish is a little cheaper and seems to have better service. DirecTV has a better sports package. It's your choice.

2. Inside or outside antennae. Local stations only, but in Shelbyville you should be able to get Lexington as well as Louisville.

For internet

1. Shelby Wireless. Service quality depends on the location. A little pricey but if you want access to the internet, there's not a lot of choice...

2. Satellite internet. You have to buy the equipment and pay for the installation and a monthly charge. Very expensive.

3. Dial up. Cheap but sloooooow.

Call Insight if you find a house and they can tell you if service is available there. Also, ask if there's any charge to connect.They wanted $1400.00 just to run the cable to my house.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:39 PM

4,521 posts, read 4,973,430 times
Default Dsl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
If you can get Insight, the cable and internet service should be fine. If Insight is not available, you only have a couple of choices.

For internet

1. Shelby Wireless. Service quality depends on the location. A little pricey but if you want access to the internet, there's not a lot of choice...

2. Satellite internet. You have to buy the equipment and pay for the installation and a monthly charge. Very expensive.

3. Dial up. Cheap but sloooooow.

Call Insight if you find a house and they can tell you if service is available there. Also, ask if there's any charge to connect.They wanted $1400.00 just to run the cable to my house.
Depending on where they are moving, they may be able to get DSL through the phone company. Much cheaper the Sat internet and faster than wireless or dialup.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:45 AM

6 posts, read 23,459 times
Okay, will do. Thanks for all the help guys

Old 10-16-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Depending on where they are moving, they may be able to get DSL through the phone company. Much cheaper the Sat internet and faster than wireless or dialup.
Good idea. I forgot all about DSL. I gave up on getting DSL about 2 years ago. I'm too far out in the country I guess.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,176 times
My family and I are moving to Shelbyville. We are in district for Clear Creek Elementary but are looking for a GREAT daycare for my 2 year old son. Any suggestions? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area