U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 12:02 PM

18 posts, read 55,423 times

Advertisements

I know there was a thread on here about banks. That's why I went with US Bank. I am not entire thrilled. May I hear more opinions? What about Fifth Third -- aside from the convenience of branches in Krogers? What about PNC?

Thanks, Jeanne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 07:29 PM

23,022 posts, read 31,991,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneEleven View Post
I know there was a thread on here about banks. That's why I went with US Bank. I am not entire thrilled. May I hear more opinions? What about Fifth Third -- aside from the convenience of branches in Krogers? What about PNC?

Thanks, Jeanne
I would probably consider a credit union before a bank. Try to find one that uses either CU24 or Co-op which will give you access to hundreds of credit unions.

For banks, River City Bank and Central Bank are options if you would prefer a smaller bank.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:51 PM

4,824 posts, read 12,488,524 times
I recommend that you stay away from the "national" banks. While BB&T seems to be an exception to that, I can highly recommend Stock Yards, Republic, The Bank--Oldham County, L&N Federal Credit Union, and many good comments have been said about River City Bank as well.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:14 AM

19 posts, read 47,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I would probably consider a credit union before a bank. Try to find one that uses either CU24 or Co-op which will give you access to hundreds of credit unions.

For banks, River City Bank and Central Bank are options if you would prefer a smaller bank.

I prefer credit unions. We will be moving to the area soon. Any suggestions for a good credit union in the Prospect area?

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2009, 12:05 PM

4,824 posts, read 12,488,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick04 View Post
I prefer credit unions. We will be moving to the area soon. Any suggestions for a good credit union in the Prospect area?

Thanks!
I will let my wife do the talking:

I still have an account with L & N and really like their service and rates. I have been especially impressed with the long tenure of their branch managers, which speaks well of their leadership. At first, they had very few locations; however, their new location on Highway 22 in the Summit area is a welcome addition. You might also give the newcomer Jackie Pennington's name since we see her a lot at Oldham Chamber events and I thought I saw her at the Kentucky Realtor Convention last week.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post

You know. . .I'd heard that credit unions were a good idea in these troublous times. . .I'll see what I can do.

Sorry you're in Alexandria. Raised my kids in the Metro DC area and now I can't believe I ever lived there. Gaaawwwwddd! Be brave.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I will let my wife do the talking:

I still have an account with L & N and really like their service and rates. I have been especially impressed with the long tenure of their branch managers, which speaks well of their leadership. At first, they had very few locations; however, their new location on Highway 22 in the Summit area is a welcome addition. You might also give the newcomer Jackie Pennington's name since we see her a lot at Oldham Chamber events and I thought I saw her at the Kentucky Realtor Convention last week.

Oh, good. Thanks. I'm glad to know they're up by the Summit. I sorta know where that is. Really appreciate the input from everyone.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:54 PM

72 posts, read 203,753 times
I've been really happy with National City -- I've never been a fan of PNC -- so I'm worried what is going to happen.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:05 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,432,696 times
Google Banksrated, they do credit unions too, pick out a 4 or 5 star
They sure beat banks !

Old 10-09-2009, 07:09 PM

23,022 posts, read 31,991,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneEleven View Post
You know. . .I'd heard that credit unions were a good idea in these troublous times. . .I'll see what I can do.

Sorry you're in Alexandria. Raised my kids in the Metro DC area and now I can't believe I ever lived there. Gaaawwwwddd! Be brave.
I'm sorry i'm here too but I'm inching ever closer to freedom.

Like Tomocox said, avoid the national banks with BB&T being the lone exception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or