Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 12:41 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,909,994 times

Advertisements

anyone care to debate the cloudy days in louisville after the horrible spring we are having? i've been waiting all week to see the sun on thursday and friday as forecasted. guess what? no sunshine for another week! don't know how anyone can be happy living in such a bleak environment for soo many days a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 01:51 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,422,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
anyone care to debate the cloudy days in louisville after the horrible spring we are having? i've been waiting all week to see the sun on thursday and friday as forecasted. guess what? no sunshine for another week! don't know how anyone can be happy living in such a bleak environment for soo many days a year.
I don't see how anyone can be happy living in a sunny sun shiney environment that never ceases day after day after day... especially in AZ when temps are above 100 for 5-6 months of the year.

Variety is the spice of life. There is plenty of it in Louisville. Also your forecast is wrong. There will be sun tomorrow and more on Friday through the weekend. It may not be pure blue sky, but who honestly wants that 24/7? It is so boring.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:36 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Well, I'm not debating it anymore. The lack of sunshine here is a problem. The lack of sunshine combined with problematic long-term employment prospects (my job is going away in 2013) and I'm moving back to the coast (VA or NC.)

Also the storms and tornadoes in April were exhausting to deal with. I stayed up all night two or three times having to go into work the next morning because of all the tornado warnings and storms. I think I'll take my chances with the hurricanes.

The shame is Louisville has a lot going for it but the weather here is a major drawback.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:01 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,909,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
I don't see how anyone can be happy living in a sunny sun shiney environment that never ceases day after day after day... especially in AZ when temps are above 100 for 5-6 months of the year.

Variety is the spice of life. There is plenty of it in Louisville. Also your forecast is wrong. There will be sun tomorrow and more on Friday through the weekend. It may not be pure blue sky, but who honestly wants that 24/7? It is so boring.
if you call day after day after day of low clouds and drizzle variety, i guess this place is spicey.i would prefer day after day after day of sunshine and warm temps. you do have a point, I'm sure that the same weather can become monotonous, sunny or cloudy, i just prefer the former to the latter.

as far as the forecast goes, it has changed three times today. and my best bet is we will see little to no sun for the next two days. more variety.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:14 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
if you call day after day after day of low clouds and drizzle variety, i guess this place is spicey.i would prefer day after day after day of sunshine and warm temps. you do have a point, I'm sure that the same weather can become monotonous, sunny or cloudy, i just prefer the former to the latter.

as far as the forecast goes, it has changed three times today. and my best bet is we will see little to no sun for the next two days. more variety.
I lived in Porter County- Valparaiso (Michiana region) before and it was much cloudier compared to the Louisville metro. There, you were lucky to get a couple of sunny days in a row for the entire late Fall, Winter, and Spring combined.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,422,589 times
Quote:

As far as I'm concerned, we've had sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days, snowy days, stormy days.

That's variety.

Nothing but sun sun sun sun (one or two monsoon storms) sun sun sun sun (a week of winter rains) sun sun sun is not.

As far as the forecast goes, I'm a meteorologist. You can "wish" the forecast whatever way you want to, but the fact remains that there will be sun. Sorry it pains you to admit it.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:43 PM

37 posts, read 84,215 times
I would say it's about half-and-half in Louisville. If you're judging by the current weather, this time of the year is considered Louisville's rainy season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: