Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 PM

7 posts, read 15,388 times

Advertisements

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We will be relocating mid February. My husband will be working out of the Madison Indiana area. We came across some information in Jeffersonville but unsure of the area since we are still here in Oklahoma City. We both were born and raised in Chicago, August 09 moved to OKC now relocating to Indiana.

Looking for an area with good schools as we have two little ones, shopping nearby etc.

TY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 12:53 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,744,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella4 View Post
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We will be relocating mid February. My husband will be working out of the Madison Indiana area. We came across some information in Jeffersonville but unsure of the area since we are still here in Oklahoma City. We both were born and raised in Chicago, August 09 moved to OKC now relocating to Indiana.

Looking for an area with good schools as we have two little ones, shopping nearby etc.

TY
The area is fine. It is certainly a neighborhood suburb of Louisville metro, and although lacking a bit in sophistication, it is a pretty nice area.

If you are looking for a large, new, and unique home, I found the homes in the Quarry Bluff subdivision to be interesting and convenient to Madison.

That said, my favorite part of "jeff" is Oak Park, both for its well maintained historic character and also its proximity to neighborhood shopping (ie Meijer etc) and also big city amenities of Louisville.

All in all, the area is like any middle class suburb on the south side of chicago. you will be fine.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:09 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Just a heads up... you do have to pay for your children's books for school and for anything more than half day kindergarten... at least for now.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:18 AM

59 posts, read 140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella4 View Post

TY
Although Madison is about a forty minute drive from Jeffersonville, it is a very scenic one. I myself live in a neighborhood that backs up to Oak Park. My wife and I are relocating to the Chicago area in a few months. So we are putting our house up for sale. I agree that Jeff is a nice town,close to everything,but the city needs to repair the roads in bring some more businness to spring street. I can't tell you much about the schools, we have no kids, A plus is there is plenty of shopping in clarksville, and or Louisville. We do have a nice aquatic center for families though. Hope this helps. Jeff Boy

Old 02-12-2010, 01:15 AM

93 posts, read 284,267 times
There are good Catholic schools in Jeff. Personally, I'd stay away from the public schools there.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 AM

31 posts, read 104,879 times
We live in Jeffersonville in the general Oak Park area and think its a great area. We're about to sell our house due to a job move but I think you'll really enjoy it.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:47 AM

59 posts, read 140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelife2010 View Post
We live in Jeffersonville in the general Oak Park area and think its a great area. We're about to sell our house due to a job move but I think you'll really enjoy it.
Its not Ford is it? My wife and I live in the Fields of Lancassange and are about to move to Chicago with the Explorer production, so we are about to put our house up for sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area