Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 06:39 PM

206 posts, read 344,537 times

Advertisements

Anybody with special info on this subdivision. Home value, stability, safety etc. It looks like a pretty nice area. I'm here house hunting and that's one of the places I was considering. I don't have any kids, so schools not an issue. Speaking of kids, does anyone know if this is more of a 'family type' subdivision with lots of kids? My preference is to be with middle age and older folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 05:32 AM

12 posts, read 18,196 times
If you would like to work with a realtor, I would be happy to help you.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:54 AM

171 posts, read 377,737 times
The typical days-on-market are up over prior years to about 150 days whereas they used to sell within about 120 days. Despite this weakness prices are still appreciating with a nice upward trend. The average price per square foot is $130 YTD but in 2008 it was about $125 so this is a development that is successfully swimming upstream so to speak.

In regards to the demographics, you'll have to drive it to see if you like it.

I'm a realtor too. Can you tell?

Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 PM

Yes, I can tell. That's okay. I was actually in Kentucky house hunting last week. I drove through several neighborhoods and saw several homes in neighborhoods I would love, but they weren't for sale. I did wind up touring about 15 other homes, none of which I picked. Monticello place was nice, but it was a bit 'young' for my taste. Not enough mature trees. Homes were nice too, but they were also a bit 'young'. You think inventory will pick up for larger, older ranches? I can do a newer ranch, but I really don't want the 'all sunshine home'. I'm also having a problem with size because its just me, however, I don't want small rooms because I don't like feeling cramped.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 AM

Yes, inventory should pick up in the next couple of months. Have you decided to reside in Jtown or are you considering other areas?

Old 04-24-2010, 01:56 PM

I'm considering most of the east end, but preferably west of the gene snyder. Depends on where I can find the ranch with trees and winding streets. How do you find sales info on subdivisions like the type you provided or is that a realtor secret? I use Zillow sometimes, but I think there info is by zip not subdivision.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:08 PM

Some of the public websites like realtor.com work well and I understand that yahoo & trulia are popular sites too. You can go to-
Brett Kennedy
It's my no-frills search engine for my clients and it uses the local board of realtors database; nothing will be missed that way. You are welcome to use it.

There's a "more search options" button that will let you choose to only see ranches. You don't have to register to use the site but if you do it will give you additional options like saving your searches and automatic updates.

The location button pulls up a sectioned off map of Louisville. You can click on the map or use the side menu that pops up with it and choose by neighborhood. The neighborhoods are pretty large areas but if you put in a price level and the style of house you want you'll see a pattern of subdivisions emerge that you will be attracted to.

There's always the option of hiring an agent like me. We have more options to customize searches and can set them up to notify you as soon as something hits the market or set it for weekly notifications. Almost every agent can perform this task.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,946 times
We have been living here in Monticello Place for over 8 years, nice and good.

Owing to job related move, we need to move this summer. I haven't listed my house yet but will be happy to show you. It is a 3 BR Ranch + 1 BR & Fulll Bath in the Walkout basement. Let me know if you will be interested.

-Solai

Old 06-06-2010, 10:35 AM

Thanks Solai, but I think I'm going to be buying further north where all the trees are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area