Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 12:47 PM

31 posts, read 81,308 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with this facility? I am just looking for a few reviews on how you/your child liked the teachers, curriculum, ect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,171 times
Default SMCDC - the next best thing to being home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySpottedFrog7 View Post
Is anyone familiar with this facility? I am just looking for a few reviews on how you/your child liked the teachers, curriculum, ect?
SMCDC is the second child care/ pre-school facility my daughter has been enrolled in. She will remain here until it’s time for her to go to kindergarten!

She has been attending for 18 months. I love the size of this place, the attentiveness of the teachers, the fact that every teacher, at the very least, has sight recognition of my daughter and of me (eventually all the teachers know all the children by name).

The owner/director Kristin cares deeply about my daughter, and the other children. Kristin is on-site most of the time. In August, the last day before kindergarten begins, Kristin celebrates the graduation of the children to kindergarten, but she is truly sad to say goodbye to the day-to-day relationship with the kids. Then on the next Monday, she turns around and opens her heart to the next batch of kids.

The size of SMCDC allows for some flexibility and versatility in schedules. My daughter is not just another head in the room. Her individuality is celebrated and appreciated. At age three she’s writing letters and knows the difference between objects such as hexagons and octagons.

I’ve witnessed her creativity blossom and knowledge base grow leaps and bounds this past year. In addition, when I pick her up, I’ve learned to appreciate her end of the day pleas to stay and play with her friends. She also looks forward to going to school in the mornings.

The entire staff works diligently to maintain a healthy environment. While the children nap the teachers are busy cleaning toys and surfaces. During and after breakfast tables and chairs are wiped down to clean up spills and other eating incidents and to maintain a clean place for the children to eat. In the late evenings, when I pick up my daughter, staff is methodically cleaning rooms in preparation for the next day.

My daughter’s frequency of pre-school acquired illness has decreased significantly since enrolling at SMCDC. Twice Kristin has alerted the school to possbile health concern outbreaks (virus type things) which enabled me to take some extra precaution and prevent my daughter from being affected by the outbreak. Additionally staff ramped up the already meticulous cleaning practices.

There is a mixture of teachers with long years of child care experience and younger teachers with less experience. The less experienced teachers are not left on their own with the children until they are adequately trained.

Regardless of their experience level, the teachers always have time for me as a parent, sharing concerns and observations of my daughter, and listening to me. They also welcome parent participation when my work life permits me to participate.

My life is crazy busy, working two jobs. I would much rather be at home raising my daughter. However, since I cannot be, my life is made better knowing she is in the excellent care of SMCDC. If we are blessed with another child, SMCDC will be our choice of care for that child also.

Last edited by MEKMOM; 05-13-2011 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: eliminate font notations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area