U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 04:37 AM

3,376 posts, read 4,799,993 times

Advertisements

This is probably a non-issue to everyone, but I sometimes drive out from Clovis to Lubbock for various reasons.
Back in CA, Jack-In-The-Box was always the spot I'd hit when it came to fast-food.
After living out here for the past two years, Lubbock was the closest place I could get that fix in whenever I managed to get it.

Anywho, within the past month, I noticed one location was completely shuttered.
So I hit the one by Tech.

I went there yesterday for some things and found the Tech location and that one off of 50th/Quaker were both closed up as well.

Yeah, fast-food is unhealthy and such, but that and Del Taco were the only two I ever ate at.

Anyone else here enjoy it while it lasted? The restaurants all looked kind of new(2-4 years old at most).
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 12:49 PM
q32

42 posts, read 43,671 times
Just chiming in that something similar happened in Abilene - I wonder if it's related? Here, the issue was that the owner of the location hadn't been keeping up with taxes and had to close, if I remember correctly.

It seems like someone could come in and pick up where they left off - there was still a decent amount of business, it seemed like.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q32 View Post
Just chiming in that something similar happened in Abilene - I wonder if it's related? Here, the issue was that the owner of the location hadn't been keeping up with taxes and had to close, if I remember correctly.

It seems like someone could come in and pick up where they left off - there was still a decent amount of business, it seemed like.
News reports I came across said that the owner of the franchises wasn't meeting corporate expectations and the corporate office told them to shut it down.
What those reasons were, they didn't say.

But, I too don't think it was due to lack of business.

Guess I'll have to get my fill whenever I'm rolling through Albuquerque now(next closest place).

Old 07-02-2014, 06:27 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,638,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
News reports I came across said that the owner of the franchises wasn't meeting corporate expectations and the corporate office told them to shut it down.
What those reasons were, they didn't say.

But, I too don't think it was due to lack of business.

Guess I'll have to get my fill whenever I'm rolling through Albuquerque now(next closest place).
There's also a couple in Midland about 2 hours south of LBK

Old 07-02-2014, 06:47 PM

9,223 posts, read 13,805,865 times
I find it hard to believe that not one Jack in the Box could survive in Lubbock. Especially for nine months out of the year with school in session. I remember back in my freshman year, the late night runs for some tacos from there.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:04 PM

3,107 posts, read 6,475,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
I find it hard to believe that not one Jack in the Box could survive in Lubbock. Especially for nine months out of the year with school in session. I remember back in my freshman year, the late night runs for some tacos from there.
If I had to guess, they failed because they struggled to overcome their reputation for food poisoning in Lubbock back in the 90s. Perhaps it's sample bias, but most people I saw there were drunk and/or stoned college kids.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:55 AM

677 posts, read 1,117,626 times
I tried several locations of Jack in the Box in Lubbock over the years, and they were all awful. So bad that I gave up on them completely. Stopped in one outside Wichita Falls a while back and it was okay, but the bad memories of the Lubbock based ones just biased me I guess.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttechnician View Post
I tried several locations of Jack in the Box in Lubbock over the years, and they were all awful. So bad that I gave up on them completely. Stopped in one outside Wichita Falls a while back and it was okay, but the bad memories of the Lubbock based ones just biased me I guess.
As quiet as this was, I'm assuming it came and went with a whimper.

But all in all, plenty of other, locally-tied joints to get ones fast-food fix on with.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:12 PM

2,584 posts, read 2,283,467 times
I've noticed a lack of JAck in the Boxes here in the panhandle region. There are plenty of Diarrheaburger stores, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock