Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:12 PM

92 posts, read 233,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemacon View Post
from what I understand the residental building will be around 12-15 floors.the office building around 6-8 floors.then the later phases will having buildings of around 4 floors.the architect is the same one who designed Riverplace in Greenville,Sc.

any picture yet if so tell me were you found them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 12:05 AM

242 posts, read 338,992 times
The Renaissance on the River -- a $60 million riverfront hotel, office and residential development proposed for riverfront property off Riverside Drive -- inched a step closer to reality Monday.
The Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority voted to draft a letter of intent that would allow developers to begin marketing the project’s first phase, which would feature an upscale tower hotel with 40 rooms, 24 condominiums and top-floor restaurant and club. The vote calls for the authority to have the letter of intent approved by June 1 and an option on the 12-acre site approved by Sept. 1.

Read more: River renaissance - Business - Macon.com

Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 AM

12 posts, read 20,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
No real details yet as it is still in pre-planning, but I always thought that the riverfront in Macon is way underutilized. This could start a favorable development cycle if it goes through. Unfortunately in this economy, talk is often only that. I hope that it comes through though. This would be great for downtown.

I also thought the riverfront potential was underutilized. It would do Macon well to look at other areas use of prime riverfront property. Where I originate from (melbourne,Australia), they turned a grey, drab industrial area into the heartbeat of the city that now powers the local economy on tourism and local events/activities cafe style shop-front eating, etc... The potential is astounding and the 'change' that it brings to the community is astoundingly good!

It would be great for Macon to realize a 'push' into developing the full cityscape along the riverfront and promote it as far and wide as can possibly be....

Be great also to instil a little 'home town pride' for the locals, not to mention employment and new residential opportunities....

Go for it Macon!

Old 04-19-2011, 09:57 PM

635 posts, read 1,503,700 times
How tall is the tower supposed to be?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:05 PM

562 posts, read 1,118,723 times
Good for Macon!!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:21 PM

Thats not the Same Project..... The macon convention hotel is already completed...... This is whole new project......

Old 05-27-2011, 10:39 AM

Terms reached on $50 million river development in downtown Macon

The Macon-Bibb County Development Authority executed a letter of intent Thursday that gives developers the go-ahead to seek financing for Renaissance on the River -- a $50 million upscale hotel, condominiums and office development off Riverside Drive. According to the letter of intent, the developers intend to build 24 condos, a 42-bed hotel and 100,000 square feet of office and commercial space, along with a parking garage, a “River Club” at the top of the tower hotel. Phase two calls for 142 apartment units over ground floor retail.

Read more: Terms reached on $50 million river development in downtown Macon - Business - Macon.com

Old 05-27-2011, 10:51 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,689,251 times
Sounds great for M town..........

Old 05-27-2011, 07:20 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,024,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Sounds great for M town..........
Vacant office space is at a 17 year high. Macon has no need for an upscale hotel and they will not be able to sell half the condos. But other than that I think it is a great idea.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:37 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,306,704 times
I gotta agree here. As much as I would like to see Macon grow, I think we have too many empty buildings in the downtown area as it is to even consider adding something like this. Not to mention the very recent closing of the Music Hall of Fame. Let's put our money into fixing up the eyesores before we add an elephant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon