Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 12:33 AM

52 posts, read 142,292 times

Advertisements

Because Milledgeville is 30 miles away and Dublin is over 50 miles away. They may be included in the future though if Macon happens to sprawl toward Jones and Twiggs county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 05:54 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,030,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Why arent the micropolitan areas of Dublin and Milledgeville (around 100,000 combined) included in Macon's CSA? It cant be that they are too far away, because there are other cities in this state with places equally as far apart yet counted in their CSA.
Explain why this matters to you. You and your lines. I will do you one better. Include anything 5 miles west of Savannah, anything 5 miles east of Columbus. Go ahead and include anything 5 miles south of Atlanta and anything 5 miles north of Valdosta. Do you feel better now? Does that make things more realistic? I cannot help but think your purpose to move lines is to dilute crime stats, to increase average income stats, to elevate standard of living statistics. Exactly what other purpose would you have?

Old 07-08-2012, 01:47 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,081,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Explain why this matters to you. You and your lines. I will do you one better. Include anything 5 miles west of Savannah, anything 5 miles east of Columbus. Go ahead and include anything 5 miles south of Atlanta and anything 5 miles north of Valdosta. Do you feel better now? Does that make things more realistic? I cannot help but think your purpose to move lines is to dilute crime stats, to increase average income stats, to elevate standard of living statistics. Exactly what other purpose would you have?
You have serious issues. This thread has nothing to do with crime, and everything to do with knowing the true population of an area. Since you think every post I make has something to do with "defending crime in Macon," I do not think Savannah's MSA/CSA numbers reflect the true population of their area as well. I'm still not sure what this has to do with crime.

lol Why would I need to add on somewhere like Dublin if I was trying "to dilute crime stats, to increase average income stats, to elevate standard of living statistics" of Macon's CSA? Considering that the Macon CSA already includes such areas as the rest of unincorporated Bibb County, Jones County, Houston County, Byron (in Peach County), and Monroe County, what major "dilution" of crime, income and quality of life standards would be ELEVATED by adding in Laurens, Baldwin and Bleckley Counties? Does Houston County need Dublin, Milledgeville or Cochran "to dilute crime stats, to increase average income stats, to elevate standard of living statistics." Get a grip and stop trolling.

Last edited by Southern Soul Bro; 07-08-2012 at 02:17 PM..

Old 07-08-2012, 02:38 PM

You have brought this issue up in multiple posts, multiple threads and even created a thread about it. In a thread about why Macon is for sale cheap you brought it up. Why? You created this thread. Why?
By including Milledgeville and Dublin do you really think you are
Quote:
knowing the true population of an area
As in Macon?

And I have issues and I need to get a grip? For some strange reason you have been slighted by the placement of some lines. Enough so to bring it up repeatedly. Why is Macon too small for you?

Old 07-08-2012, 02:54 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,081,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
You have brought this issue up in multiple posts, multiple threads and even created a thread about it. In a thread about why Macon is for sale cheap you brought it up. Why? You created this thread. Why?
By including Milledgeville and Dublin do you really think you are As in Macon?

And I have issues and I need to get a grip? For some strange reason you have been slighted by the placement of some lines. Enough so to bring it up repeatedly. Why is Macon too small for you?
Since when is the MSA or CSA of an area just the city itself?????? Not just Macon, but any city? What does that thread have to do with this one? And my post in that particular thread was in reply to someone else who brought up something. I didn't bring it up out of thin air. You just want to troll and bash Macon. I have long stopped INITIATING any discussion of Macon with you, yet you still feel the need to reply to my posts that are not directed at you.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:04 PM

71 posts, read 115,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Since when is the MSA or CSA of an area just the city itself?????? Not just Macon, but any city? What does that thread have to do with this one? And my post in that particular thread was in reply to someone else who brought up something. I didn't bring it up out of thin air. You just want to troll and bash Macon. I have long stopped INITIATING any discussion of Macon with you, yet you still feel the need to reply to my posts that are not directed at you.
Guys like Bulldawgfan are to the Macon forum, what DisgustaTruth was to the Augusta Forum, and ColumbusAttorney was to the the Columbus forum. Please stop feeding into these types of bloggers.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:25 PM

Why aren't the micropolitan areas of Millyville and Dublin included? Because it would not make any sense to do so.

One only needs to look at your profile, King, to see that the place you have posted the most on this board was in the city verses city forum. Far be it for me to draw a conclusion from your own posting habits. You like to compare cities. It certainly is your prerogative. You have commented on line placements several times in the not so distant past. You have drawn circles and dots on maps recently to boot. You call me a troll for questioning your motives.
You didn't stop any discussion, you have lost every single debate we have ever had. Not because I am good at debate, far from it. It's because you choose a poor subject to discuss.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:34 PM

Millyville and Dublin seem rather far out there to include in Macon's CSA to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dave_Jones View Post
Guys like Bulldawgfan are to the Macon forum, what DisgustaTruth was to the Augusta Forum, and ColumbusAttorney was to the the Columbus forum. Please stop feeding into these types of bloggers.
Less than 10% of my posts are in the Macon forum. That fact that I have disagreed with King 95% of the time makes me one of "these type bloggers"?
Are you going to add anything to the discussion or are you just here to break the TOS you agreed to when you signed onto this board Big_Dave_Jones?

Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,245,449 times
MSAs and CSAs include areas where some defined proportion (by the US Census) of the population has significant employment and residential exchange.

For example: Bibb, Jones, Monroe, Crawford, and Twiggs are part of the Macon metro area because a large number of those counties' residents work in Bibb or one of the other included counties.

Houston County and Peach County are added to the above counties to form the 7 county CSA (Macon-WR-FValley) due to significant employment exchange, but not to the degree one finds in a MSA.

There is the answer to the OP's question. Milledgeville and Dublin have some residents who work in Macon and vice versa, but it is not enough of a percentage for the Census to include them in the same CSA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon