Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 02:42 PM

12 posts, read 28,552 times

Advertisements

Help, I need to make a decision! I had decided to buy a home online that is on mimosa ave in macon. I have never been to macon. Now i am so concern, I am not so sure if i should move. I need help to decide. Do you think i would survive if i live in my house. Are the neighborhoods in the west extremely dangerous or are they somewhat liveable? Please state your viewpoints freely. All viewpoints are appreciated. I really need to make a decision soon. If it were you, would you put the house for sale or would you consider living in it if you had no other place to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 04:40 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,254,251 times
http://www.macon.com/2012/09/14/2176...chool-bus.html

This link is one story related to the area.

I wouldnt live there, but hey...everyone's tolerance is different. Mostly a mix of seniors and section 8 housing out that way. Not the worst, but above average crime and I would keep a gun at home.

Last edited by midgeorgiaman; 12-17-2013 at 05:51 PM..

Old 12-17-2013, 06:47 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,096,386 times
You already asked this and we answered.
Want more info on macon, please respond soon

Old 12-18-2013, 10:50 PM

Thanks middlegeorgia for your answer. Hi king, yes i did ask and thank you for having helped but i'm still unsettled. I have bought that place and don't know what decision to make still. I'm afraid to move there base on the last inputs, yet i'm staying here and must eventually move. It is all complicated.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchofsimplicity View Post
Thanks middlegeorgia for your answer. Hi king, yes i did ask and thank you for having helped but i'm still unsettled. I have bought that place and don't know what decision to make still. I'm afraid to move there base on the last inputs, yet i'm staying here and must eventually move. It is all complicated.
Nothing's changed about that area since the 1st time you asked, I wouldn't want to live in that neighborhood. There are worse parts of Macon, even worse parts of West Macon, but still....

If you must live there, I can offer a little encouragement. In your last post, I mentioned some dysfunctional family members who lived on the next street over. I also told you those types of households aren't uncommon for the area. Well, they aren't, but I also know quite a few other good people who live throughout West Macon that haven't been victims of any crime. Again, doesn't mean I'd wish to live there though.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:09 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post

... If you must live there, I can offer a little encouragement.
My work here is done.

touchofsimplicity,

If King_X, the rose colored glasses King of Macon, says he would not live there I would certainly take notice.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:38 AM

3 posts, read 4,395 times
We have lived just outside Macon for about four years, and we like it.

The good: No winter; reasonable cost of living; minimal commute time; pretty area; good neighbors; nice size balance -- big enough to have what you need and small enough to feel like a small town; withing striking distance of Atlanta for when you need a big city; beautiful historic district.

The bad: You have to be careful what neighborhood you live in; Bibb county schools are not the best.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
My work here is done.

touchofsimplicity,

If King_X, the rose colored glasses King of Macon, says he would not live there I would certainly take notice.
I'm not quite sure why you are still falsely accusing me of this. Is it because I won't say ALL of Macon is the way I described Mimosa Avenue? It's not. I don't sugarcoat anything. If anyone inquires, I freely admit the public school system is bad, point out the bad neighborhoods, and tell them that in the past the city leadership has been poor but we're turning in the right direction now. My posts prove this.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:48 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
I'm not quite sure why you are still falsely accusing me of this.
I stand corrected.
You are as impartial as I am partial. No, that is not accurate. You are much more impartial than I am partial. At any rate, you win.

Back on topic, I suggest the OP follow King_X's advise.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:13 AM

I'm greatful for all the answers to my question here. Thank you everyone. Your inputs will help me in making a better decision
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: