Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:40 PM

726 posts, read 2,808,188 times

Advertisements

North Macon

Newly Completed 750,000 sq ft (open-air Mall) The Shoppes at River Crossinganchored by Macon's 2nd Dillard's, Belk's, Dicks and Circuit City, also DSW and Barnes & Nobles.
www.shoppesatrivercrossing.com

During the construction stage

North Macon Town Center(- 750,000 sq. ft.Mixed-Used Retail & residential Project) It will very similar to Atlantic Station.
RetailWorks of Georgia, Inc.

Renderings

Welcome to Providence - A Family Village (http://providencemacon.com/commercial.html - broken link)- click here

The North Macon Town Center Projects is in yellow and also can see all the other huge projects in North Macon as well..

North West Macon-Shoppes of Macon

http://www.opuscorp.com/pages/project_detail.aspx?ProjectName=Ansley%20Village%2 0Apartments (broken link)

http://www.opuscorp.com/pages/project_detail.aspx?ProjectName=Shoppes%20of%20Ans ley (broken link)

Lakeside Commons Bass/Bowsman Rd., Mixed used office/fitness & commerical Complex

Macon’s newest,fitness office park with lighted walking trail, beautiful lake views and
abundant parking. COMING SOON, hotels, grocery, restaurants and
much more.

http://www.sppcommercial.com/graphic...esentation.pdf

www.sppcommercial.com/graphics/lc_siteplan.pdf

Bass Pro Shops and DC - 600,000 sq. ft.

Market place at Bass-Upscale Retail Shopping Center - 400,000 to 500,000 sq. ft.

Lullwater Village - 284,000 sq. ft.

Lullwater Village

North Winds Office Complex - 400,000 sq. ft.
A 15-acre interior parcel with a 144,000-square-foot building for a proposed big-box user also is planned. The development includes the construction of Atlantic Southern Bank on the corner of Bass and New Forsyth roads which is under way, and Cherokee Brick & Tile Co. plans to build a 9,160-square-foot building on the site

Down Town Macon

The New Gateway Plaza

New Condos are Proposed for 167 riverside Dr-Downtown Macon

Renderings

http://www.newtownmacon.com/images/renderings/condos_167%20riverside.jpg (broken link) click here

Poplar St. Block to be Redeveloped
An entire city block in the heart of downtown is about to be redeveloped into retail stores, offices and 7 luxury condominuims. This kind of work is rare and almost unheard of for downtown...and I'm actually surprised that something like this is going to happen considering the magnitude of interest in pushing retail and residential to Macon's suburbs. Let's hope this project (along with Riverside, the city's first true mixed-use development, also to be built downtown) see the light of day. I'll be on the lookout for details.

Capricorn Centre, $29 Million Hotel-Residential-Retail Development DT
Capricorn Centre will include 4.2 acres between Poplar and Plum streets. It will include Capricorn Place, a 30-unit town home community, a five-story residential, retail and commercial building, and an 85-room boutique hotel, according to a news release from NewTown Macon.

Downtown Macon apartment projects
One project, now called The Lofts at 425 New, is planned at the Chapman-Poe property at Cherry and New streets. The property is owned by the authority, and several developments have been proposed on the site for a number of years.

Although current plans still are being finalized, the project would include 43 loft-style apartments ranging from about 530 square feet for efficiencies to units with about 1,166 square feet and single-car garages, said Patrick Madison, co-owner of Madison-Poss & Associates, a real estate development and construction company. The apartments are expected to rent from about $525 a month to about $850 to $900 a month, depending on the size.

Wharf Street Centre, and it would include at least 224 apartment units in the first phase.

DT Macon Ramada Plaza(AKA Crown Plaza) which is to be taken on name of Double tree with major Renovations in addition to star bucks and TJIF...

The Ramada Plaza is the High-rise to the right of the BB&T tower

Inside a room

Developer plans to add about 200 residential units in downtown Macon

http://www.macon.com/198/story/332640.html (broken link)

DT New Conventional Center Hotel

Marriott Macon Georgia Hotel -- Opening in 2008!

The New Medical Center's heart center
Underconstruction

Finished

The new I-75/16 Reconstruction project-Downtown Macon

The Current I-75/16 interchange

Project also includes a tunnel

South Macon/Bibb

Lifestyle/"Strip Center" is under construction in South Macon just off of I-75 South on Hartley Bridge Road. Moon Family Properties is behind this 1.1 million sqft project. It will include 1,700 single family units, two to four story condos, and apartment community, retail, dinning, a midrise hotel, and office space. The development will be on both sides of Hartley Bridge Rd. and they have already begun turning dirt. Renderings should be available in a few weeks.

The New Kohl DC-(Airport Industrial Park)South Macon/Bibb county

The New Sara Lee DC( I-75 Industrial Park) South Macon/Bibb county

For More Information on Macon-http://www.newtownmacon.com/

Last edited by yerocal; 07-12-2008 at 11:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 11:23 PM

Another North Macon project I left out.....

BASS PLANTATION
http://www.sppcommercial.com/graphics/bass-master.pdf

several other projects in Macon

Southern Pine Plantations

Old 07-14-2008, 10:51 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,224,090 times
There certainly is A LOT of activity going on in Macon. I didn't realize that the area was growing so much!

But there is the "upscale retail"??? Unless you consider Circuit City "upscale". :P

Old 07-14-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
There certainly is A LOT of activity going on in Macon. I didn't realize that the area was growing so much!

But there is the "upscale retail"??? Unless you consider Circuit City "upscale". :P
Yes the Macon & Warner Robins area has been experiencing a Huge boom of growth & development within the last few of years. North Macon is Rapidly transforming into Macon's premier Community as Buck head is to Atlanta... The Development above is whats NOW under construction, there is a tone of development that i didn't list which are still in proposal and approval stages... Also the Interchanges of i-75/475 is under construction as we speak, reworking them even larger i don't have pics yet. But Construction of the interchanges of I-16/75 which is shown above has not started as of yet. With in the next 3-5 years Macon will be a on a whole new level..... There are a lot of New retail and food changs that was unheard of in any other city in GA but Atlanta, are now branching into the Macon Market..

Old 07-14-2008, 05:36 PM

5 posts, read 54,213 times
So, yerocal, what's your recommendation: should I move to macon (I got a job there) or commit myself to a 40-mile daily commute for the rest of my career? .. which I intend to do lest I get killed

he-he.. I guess I am asking the obvious but just to tease you...

Old 07-14-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bound1 View Post
So, yerocal, what's your recommendation: should I move to macon (I got a job there) or commit myself to a 40-mile daily commute for the rest of my career? .. which I intend to do lest I get killed

he-he.. I guess I am asking the obvious but just to tease you...
Macon is not that bad, there are some very nice areas in Macon I have lived in Macon all my life and i would have never known Macon had any type of crime problem if they didn't show it on the News.... Its and come a peaceful city which give you a mixed feel of a small town and large city...Because its not like if you go down town or to mall or to Mc Donald and have to always worry about crime thats not true.... if you listen to the craps these people say about Macon on here you will think it was hell on earth... Half the people who make these comments don't even live no where near Macon they are going on hears say and statics... Macon is really growing, doing alot of inner city improvements, there is a big 5year planned inthe works to bring upscale residential to DT, there are about 4 Condo projects thats about to break ground in DT Macon.. I sure it you move to Macon you will see it not that Bad....lol

Old 07-14-2008, 06:20 PM

5 posts, read 54,213 times
hey, that's what I have to base my decision on: "hears say and statics", as you put it. And on the info from this site and forum, of course.

And therefore I say: get ready, Byron, Ga, here I come!)

[praying one of those Byron apartments is available in a couple of weeks]

Old 07-14-2008, 06:35 PM

oh well thats your choice.....Byron is nice too....

Old 07-17-2008, 06:18 PM

North Macon Town Center(- 750,000 sq. ft.Mixed-Used Retail & residential Project) It will very similar to Atlantic Station.
RetailWorks of Georgia, Inc.

Construction photo.....June 15, 2008

Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 AM

913 posts, read 2,971,153 times
Looks like 2 Starbucks stores will be closing in Macon.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon