U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Unread 03-05-2009, 11:42 AM
 
392 posts, read 575,064 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Yes, a good bit of Macon is run down and depressing, but going to Augusta, Savannah, Albany and Columbus. They are no more or less "slummy"

All of GA's 2nd Tier cities have a substantial amount of ghetto, except Athens. However, I would much rather live in Macon or any of those cities before say,

Gary, IN
Camden, NJ
Flint, MI
Newark, NJ
etc.

Travel to places like that to see some real blight.
I agree with you 100%, "Bulldawgfan" Did you read that above ^ .......
Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
 
392 posts, read 575,064 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Relax in the fact that I was not quoting you. I stand alone. Macon sucks... on me.
you should change your name to "Macondawgfan" HAHAHAH
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-05-2009, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Central Georgia
1,483 posts, read 2,141,799 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
I agree with you 100%, "Bulldawgfan" Did you read that above ^ .......
NewtownMacon,

I have lived in Gary, Indiana. For several years. Right on the border between Gary and Miller. I have visited Flint, Michigan. Neither place is 'stand out' place. But, with all due respect, comparing Macon to those places proves only one thing to me. There are indeed slightly less desirable places than Macon. It does not change my opinion of Macon at all.
You are trying to argue opinions... and, if I wanted to continue this folly, you would lose. You are not going to say anything to change what I have seen and experienced in Macon. Period. I think yerocal finally understood that. Its your turn now to realize that not everyone is going to see things the way you do or think the same way as you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-05-2009, 07:19 PM
 
392 posts, read 575,064 times
Reputation: 57
BulldawgFan, it's oblivious you don't know me, if i really wanted to have a debate with you, winning or the word win wouldn't even be near your vocabulary; when it comes down debating with me.....Second I have never had an intentions and i'm sure nor did "yerocal" try to persuade or change your mind about anything you posted about Macon... honestly who cares how YOU feel about Macon, because what you say doesn't even matter. I sure yerocal stop wasting time with you, like the old saying "if you find a fool, let them stay a fool".......LOL.. And that what will continue to do with YOU....Macon is no Hellhole nor will it ever be, so you can contniue to bash Macon all you like, wasting your time, because it seems the more you bash this citythe more positive things happen in Macon... So i sure you are going to have something negative to say about this, but let me help you out, save your energy because no one wants to hear it........ "Macondawgfan" HAHAHAHAHAH
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-05-2009, 11:12 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,249,442 times
Reputation: 191
I really do not see all that much difference among Macon, Augusta, and Columbus.. None of them are exactly tourist hot spots. They are all fall-line cities on a river with a textile industry past. All have about an equally sized ghetto area and an upscale area. The diffrences among the 3 places are really quite small and its rather pointless debating which is better and why. People are naturally going to think the place they grew up in is better. I personally would not live in Macon, but that's because I have no connections there. I probably would not live in Augusta if it were not for the fact that I practically grew up in Augusta and have family and friends there. I think all three places are reasonably decent mid sized cities. They are never going to have the cache of places like Charleston and Savannah, but I think they can be good places to raise a family, especially on a modest budget, as the cost of living is quite low. And there are certianly worse places. Gary is horrific as well as Flint.. There are some towns in California that look almost post apocalyptic.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-05-2009, 11:46 PM
 
392 posts, read 575,064 times
Reputation: 57
I agree with you 100%.............you made very good reliable point. Finally someone with someone who's smart and intelligent.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-06-2009, 04:03 AM
 
Location: Central Georgia
1,483 posts, read 2,141,799 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
.....Second I have never had an intentions and i'm sure nor did "yerocal" try to persuade or change your mind about anything you posted about Macon... honestly who cares how YOU feel about Macon
NewtownMacon,

Lets see... scrolling through this thread I can see were you have used the words 'stupid', 'lame', 'hater' and 'fool' all to describe the person (me) who does not agree with your opinion.
Also scrolling through this thread I cannot find a single time when I said anything negative towards you or anyone who did not share my view of Macon. In fact, I invited folks to come take a look for themselves and form their own opinion. Apparently you must care about how I see Macon... you have used the words - 'hate', 'stupid', 'lame' and 'fool'. That is a great debate tactic. Rather than debate issues or specifics you lowered the overall spirit of this subject by lashing out with some good old fashion name calling. Great job. You are the King/Queen of debate.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-06-2009, 05:34 AM
Status: "Columbus - Georgia's 2nd Largest City" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Columbus, GA
2,538 posts, read 2,190,942 times
Reputation: 456
Read where Macon is looking at Columbus as a model when it comes to urban development....interesting stuff.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-06-2009, 06:18 AM
 
969 posts, read 1,726,564 times
Reputation: 397
Columbus is a hole too. Macon needs to look elsewhere.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-06-2009, 06:19 AM
 
969 posts, read 1,726,564 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
BulldawgFan, it's oblivious you don't know me.......
Dawg, are you oblivious? How's that working for you?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top