Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 02:41 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
People like bulldawgfan really try to stretch it too far.
Find me one like sized city in the southeastern United States that has a higher murder rate (per capita) than Macon. Then compare rapes. Then look into auto thefts.

I will be waiting.

I am not 'picking on' Macon... I am telling it like it is. I have nothing to gain by all this, can you understand that? My opinions are formed by seeing, experiencing and researching. I do not jump to conclusions. I have no problems with the fact that I was born in a city that makes Macon look like Mayberry. I drove up on the aftermath of a gang shootout in East St. Louis one time. Four dead, right in the street. Have you ever heard of West Palm Beach Florida? Well, go check out the eastern part. Scary I tell ya. I have seen worse than Macon and freely admit it. But in the southeast there is not much worse... in my opinion.

By the way, you have never seen me use the word "gangsta". But I did mention 'bling' once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 05:42 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,100,546 times
Man....no matter how you try to bash Macon...the truth is MOST mid-sized southern cities have SEVERAL nice areas and SEVERAL rough areas within their cities. MOST arent overwhelmingly frightening like a Camden, NJ and most arent as "safe" as a Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

The vast majority of mid-sized southern cities are similar in the sense that I know there are a good number of rough and nicer areas. As long as I am in a safer area, then I'm fine.

Because of that, as a city in general I dont feel any more or less safe in Macon as I do in MOST mid-sized southern cities. It's all about where you're at. I feel safer IN THE PARTICULAR SPOT I'm at in Macon right now (in east Macon at that) than I have in CERTAIN SPOTS in chattanooga, huntsville, and columbus.

Macon is no worse than Augusta,N. Charleston,Savannah,Columbus,Montgomery,Mobile,Jac kson,Baton Rouge, Shereveport, Durham, Port Arthur (TX), Hampton, Norfolk, Newport News or several mid-sized southern cities when it comes to crime or percent of a city that is ghetto.

lol dude, Macon doesnt have THAT many murders. we usually get anywhere from the mid teens to the very low 20s in murders, and even as low as 12 murders in 2006. You are the one making the claims, so can you please show me the STATS that says Macon has a higher murder rate than the majority of mid-sized southern cities?

lol you're reeeaaally going to tell me somewhere like Jackson, Mississippi, or Shreveport is so much safer and less threatening than Macon.

To sit there and act like Macon is so much worse than those cities, is just not the truth. I have saw your comments before, do not say that I think Macon is a paradise or that I want you to love/like Macon. I do not care if you dislike Macon, but to act like its so much worse than alot of these other places is just not true.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:

The vast majority of mid-sized southern cities are similar
Still waiting on those crime stats. Similar sized cities, per capita ratings. Its OK, I will wait.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Still waiting on those crime stats. Similar sized cities, per capita ratings. Its OK, I will wait.
You made the claims, why dont you produce it? I don't know of many sites to find it. If I did, I would surely show you, because what you're saying is not true.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
You made the claims, why dont you produce it? I don't know of many sites to find it. If I did, I would surely show you, because what you're saying is not true.
Nice play... quit when you know you have lost. Go ahead, take your ball and go home.
By the way, it was you who claimed Macon was not that bad compared to other like-sized cities.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:14 PM

Initially, you made the claim that Macon was so much worse than other places. I came in and said it wasn't. You made the claims first, it's your job to produce the evidence.

As I look at somewhere like....

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

I dont see much of a difference in most of those places and Macon. You can plug in cities if you'd like.
If something happened to you in Macon, then thats horrible....but if someone is that scared of Macon then you'd be scared in all of those cities I named too.

Like I said though, regardless, you can't tell me Macon is that much more (if at all) more ghetto than near all of those cities I've named?

lol Have you REALLY been to Jackson, Miss.....Shereveport....Monroe, LA.....Montgomery....Mobile...???
With the exception of Monroe, I can tell you the "ghettos" in those cities look rougher than Macon's.

Last edited by Yac; 03-16-2009 at 08:41 AM..

Old 03-08-2009, 06:28 PM

841 posts, read 1,401,988 times
Quote:
Initially, you made the claim that Macon was so much worse than other places. I came in and said it wasn't. You made the claims first, it's your job to produce the evidence.

As I look at somewhere like....

I dont see much of a difference in most of those places and Macon. You can plug in cities if you'd like.
If something happened to you in Macon, then thats horrible....but if someone is that scared of Macon then you'd be scared in all of those cities I named too.

Like I said though, regardless, you can't tell me Macon is that much more (if at all) more ghetto than near all of those cities I've named?

lol Have you REALLY been to Jackson, Miss.....Shereveport....Monroe, LA.....Montgomery....Mobile...???
With the exception of Monroe, I can tell you the "ghettos" in those cities look rougher than Macon's.

King_X good job giving oh "Macondawgfan" some of his own medicine. it so funny how he claims Macon to be so Bad... but never provide any infor..... He just a true Macon hater and no matter what you say he is always going to find the worst in everything about Macon.

Last edited by Yac; 04-06-2009 at 07:09 AM..

Old 03-08-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:

Man, this is like shooting fish in a barrel.

From this very site (City-Data)
Crime indexes (lower is better)

Macon-- 703

Shreveport--622
Monroe--656
Mobile--435
Montgomery--526

All of these cities are deemed 'safer' by City-Data.
Only Jackson, Ms. has a crime rating near Macon. And it is about twice the size as Macon.

Thanks for playing... please tip your bartender and waitresses.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
but never provide any infor
Look again. It sux to be wrong, huh?

Old 03-08-2009, 06:37 PM

841 posts, read 1,401,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Man, this is like shooting fish in a barrel.

From this very site (City-Data)
Crime indexes (lower is better)

Macon-- 703

Shreveport--622
Monroe--656
Mobile--435
Montgomery--526

All of these cities are deemed 'safer' by City-Data.
Only Jackson, Ms. has a crime rating near Macon. And it is about twice the size as Macon.

Thanks for playing... please tip your bartender and waitresses.

From these numbers that you have provided are within the same ranges about 20-30 more or less than a difference and Jackson MS is not twice the size of Macon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon