Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 7,869 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Macon shortly, and I need information on availability of Cable TV in North Macon (Forest Lake). I see two cable companies listed as having service - Cox and Suburban. Do they both have service in the area? Is one better than the other? We don't want to go satellite - been there, done that, not happy. Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM

511 posts, read 2,476,830 times
COX is expensive ( due to little or no competition ), but it does offer the better service, im not to sure abot SUBURBAN, it must be a new company established after the State of Georgia signed off on a bill allowing for better competition, of cable services ( there arent many cable company's in Georgia, compared to surrounding states, and that is due to Georgia Laws, but the new laws enable for more cable company's to start up, and therefor offer lower competitve prices. )

Hope your move is great, any questions feel free to ask me.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:08 AM

2 posts, read 7,869 times
Default Re: utilities - thanks for information!

Thanks for the suggestions concerning the cable company. Suburban Cable serves Macon west of 475 - Lake Wildwood, Tobo, Lizella, etc. So I had to go with Cox, and you were right - they ARE expensive!!!

On another note - I was pleasantly surprised when I went to apply for water service. The folks at Macon Water Authority are very friendly and fast! Unfortunately, I couldn't sign up for garbage pick-up at the same time. The info they gave me at MWA and on their website gave the wrong telephone number for the Engineering Dept. For future reference it is 478-621-6660.

Again, thanks for your help - we are looking forward to the move!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: