Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,106 times

Advertisements

Hi there. My boyfriend and I are moving to Madison this summer, and we've been doing some research about rentals in the area. I searched for pet-friendly apartments and Steve Brown kept popping up. The places look beautiful from the pics, and we've communicated via email w/a rep from the company and she seems professional and courteous, etc. And the company is pet-friendly, which is very important to us.

Based on everything we've seen and heard, it sounds like it might be a good fit.

Here's the thing, though: I've also stumbled on a bunch of negative reviews of the company. Some of it just seems like unfounded ranting, and you can find that anywhere about any apartment. But there is enough of it (and some of it is very specific, i.e. ridiculous move-out charges, unresponsive/unprofessional maintenance, etc.) that I'm sort of apprehensive about them.

We're in Houston right now, so we're doing a lot of this long distance. If anybody has any info -- especially if anyone has rented from SB and had positive/negative experiences, we'd really love to hear about them.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
What I remember about Steve Brown apartments is that they tend to be expensive but worth it. Their units tend to be in better shape than most "student ghetto" units. This was several years ago so I don't know if all of the above still holds true. Perhaps someone else with more recent experience can chime in.

As far as negative reviews go, I've found that online reviews of property management companies are almost always overwhelmingly negative. I suspect that people who had a bad experience are more motivated to complain about it than those who don't. Having a bad experience is not the expectation while having a reasonably painless experience is. That's why a bad experience is more likely to be written about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison